PDA

View Full Version : Change multiple light properties?

sonofmickel
12-03-2006, 06:03 PM
I can't figure out how to change the properties of multiple lights. Say for example that I have imported a luxigon that has appoximately 30 lights. How do I select them all and change intensity, color, etc... I am trying in the scene editor but every time I try to change the intensity or other parameter, it only updates the current light. Hmmm... I thought I saw a video from Dan Ablan where he does this exact same thing.

PS. it appears that search is broken on the forum.

Extent
12-03-2006, 06:46 PM
I'm not sure why it's not working for you, I always use the scene editor. Usually I'm using the new one so I'm not sure if that may be part of it.

RudySchneider
12-03-2006, 07:19 PM
You can click View > All > Select All Lights and, with the light properties dialog box open, change all the lights at once. At least that's how I do it.

Dodgy
12-03-2006, 07:31 PM
You can do it either in the scene editor or the lights properties panel.

I prefer the lights properties panel as it's quicker to me.

To do it in the scene editor, you have to click the little verticle rectangles next to the fields you want to change. Then a number should appear in them as you select more. Weird I know, but that's the way it works. Then you can change the values.

Extent
12-03-2006, 10:00 PM
I should clarify, I select items w/ the scene editor, and then use the light property pannel to change their settings. I never got the hang of working entirely w/ the scene editor.

You can tell what items the current property panel will edit by the white check marks to the right of the item name in the scene editor. If an item's row is highlighted but theres no check mark then you're not editing it.

Filmdesigner
12-05-2006, 04:48 AM
I do this a lot in my work as I use an Sky Dome Array to simulate radiosity. I little trick I have got into the habit of using is; select the lights in scene Editor, hit the "P" to open the lights parameter window, hit "P" twice to close and re-open the window as this seems to reset the parameters and ensure the lights are all selected. Numerous times I have tried to select the lights, only to discover the highlighted light is the only one to recieve the change.

Note that I have found an annoying little "bug?". You can't change an object visibility of a light group from within the parameters window, ie; turn off the floors visibility to all the underneath lights at once.