PDA

View Full Version : Newtek Next Dimension Tour

SplineGod
02-07-2003, 11:56 PM
NEWTEK NEXT DIMENSION TOUR!
We're proud to announce our next tour in association with NewTek and sponsors like Worley Labs & Dynamic Realities.

The NewTek Next Dimension Tour will help take your LightWave work to the next level. Whether you are a beginner or advanced user, you will find out that LightWave 3D is capable of doing more then you ever imagined. Learn tricks and techniques straight from the LightWave development team at NewTek and leading experts and working professionals.

This is a complete LightWave learning experience, including

Two days of lecture style training that's professional, in depth, and fun!
DVD packed with training videos, inspirational 3D films, and tour exclusives
CD packed with hours of instructional videos and content
Written Material And Notes, specifically prepared for the tour
Cool gifts and more!
Topics include

Modeling and surfacing tricks to create amazing work with less effort
Character Animation secrets
Power particle effects
Creating realistic hair and clothing
And much much more...

Upcoming U.S. Dates:
Sacramento
February 20 - February 21 : NewTek Next Dimension Tour
La Quinta Sacramento - North
Event starts at: 10:00 am. Doors open 30 minutes before start time.
4604 Madison Ave
Sacramento, California 95841-2515
916 348 0900

Portland
February 22 - February 23 : NewTek Next Dimension Tour
Holiday Inn Portland Airport
8439 NE Columbia
Portland, Oregon 97220-1382

Houston
March 01 - March 02 : NewTek Next Dimension Tour
Event Location To Be Announced

GROUP RATES AVAILABLE - Email For Details
http://www.learnlightwave.com

rabid pitbull
02-08-2003, 08:19 AM
sounds good, any plans on other dates? what about coming to Chicago again? missed you last time you were here.:(

SplineGod
02-08-2003, 11:50 AM
I would check learnlightwave.com on a regular basis. I believe more dates and places will be announced in the near future.

oxyg3n
02-09-2003, 03:01 AM
I didnt see it in the thread, but what are the costs of attending this?

Is it free? :D

I would love to come when you guys are in Sacramento.

SplineGod
02-09-2003, 09:09 AM
$199.00 for two days plus a CD. If you know a few people who would like to attend or belong to a user group, there is a group discount. :)

riki
02-09-2003, 05:30 PM
Any Sydney date?? :)

SplineGod
02-09-2003, 05:55 PM
Thats something that is being discussed :)

riki
02-09-2003, 06:01 PM
Wow seriously?

oxyg3n
02-09-2003, 11:44 PM
Hmm, is the group discount significant?

There are several enthusiastic students in my Lightwave Class at the local community college, I'll let them know about this event at my next class.

Unfortunately, I dont think I can afford to go at this time :mad:

kevman3d
02-10-2003, 01:28 AM
I emailled Lee a couple of years back about coming this way, and I tried to get people in New Zealand to put their support behind making one of these happen - It was like squeezing blood from a stone! :)

You would have thought 'A chance for professional 3D training, so cheap, and available right here in NZ!!!' would have stirred up some excitement...

No, just a tiny, tiny handful were keen - And some that said 'only if it was free'. The rest just never bothered to reply... :(

kevman3d
02-10-2003, 01:31 AM
BTW, Riki - I'm not sure showing Larry that Aussie has Ritual Killings in your Avatar will make them feel safe enough to come down this way...

Narf! Narf! ;)

SplineGod
02-10-2003, 03:28 AM
Check learnlightwave.com for new tour dates

Hervé
02-10-2003, 11:27 PM
Hello Larry, any chances in Europe one day...?

Hervé

mlinde
02-11-2003, 12:28 PM
What's the scoop on the DVD for those of us from the last tour? I got my CD on the way out the door last fall, but there was a promised DVD to come "later in 2002"

It's 2003, where's my DVD?

SplineGod
02-11-2003, 12:53 PM
Those DVDs will be sent out very soon. :) There was a mishap or two which delayed them but thats been fixed.

mlinde
02-11-2003, 02:50 PM
Oh...wait...(gears turning)...was that the infamous car incident? I heard something about that, if memory serves...

SplineGod
02-11-2003, 02:59 PM
Yes the infamous "some lowlife broke into his car and took everything" incident. :(

Elmar Moelzer
02-11-2003, 03:39 PM
****, guess the idiot did not even know what to do with it and threw them away later, this is bad luck man...
CU
Elmar

SplineGod
02-11-2003, 03:44 PM
The part thats even more sad is that they also stole some things that couldnt have any possible value.

Macet01
04-04-2003, 03:43 PM
Has there been any word on when the DVDs are going to ship?

SplineGod
04-04-2003, 10:23 PM
They should be shipping by now or very soon. Last time I heard they were in the process of being burned. :)

Stranahan
04-06-2003, 09:23 AM
DVDs and CDs for people who attended will start getting mailed next week - the replication is done.

Again, sorry for the long delay - this won't happen on the current tour. The delays weren't planed, and they weren't good for anyone - but I think everyone will be happy with the materials - Larry did a great job on his stuff, as usual...

loebek
04-07-2003, 09:21 AM
I went to Amsterdam in march LAST YEAR!
And still wait for my DVD....
mailed Lee a dozen times! nothing...
thats really bad support.
I would make the fees higher but hire some for stable backoffice support!

sigh....

Loebek from Zurich switzerland

loebek
04-07-2003, 09:25 AM
Oh does Lee like chai tea latte (avatar pic)
we dont have this here, liked it alot when i was in canada.

cu
loebek

WShawn
04-07-2003, 12:43 PM
I attended the Portland session back in Feburary and learned a lot of cool new things. I see that there have been delays in the production of the DVD, and I can live with that.

But what I'm really anxious to get is the email or whatever I need to purchase some of the discounted products that were offered as an incentive for signing up for the class (we had around 16 people in our class). Lee showed off Particle Illusion and IFW2 and completely sold me on those products. I want to buy them. Now.

I thought he said in the class that emails would be sent to attendees explaining how to order the discounted products. I've yet to receive that email, and Lee hasn't replied to the an email I sent him 3 weeks ago. I sent him another email today.

I can accept production and replication delays of the DVD, but I don't understand what's taking so long to get an email. Maybe I just slipped through the cracks.

Have other attendees received those product discount vouchers (or whatever they are)?

Thanks.

Shawn Marshall
Marshall Arts Motion Graphics
Portland, OR

Stranahan
04-10-2003, 07:35 PM
Yeah, sorry - it fell through the cracks. I'm a one man show with some of this stuff, and I got sick on the way back from Portland. I'll get the mailer out right away.

WShawn
04-10-2003, 08:32 PM
Thanks, Lee. I got it.

Shawn Marshall

3danim8d
04-11-2003, 12:57 AM
Hi Lee,

When you send out the DVDs are you also going to be sending out updated CDs that have all the corrected tutorial movies on them too? A few of the tutorial files on the CDs seem to be missing or corrupted.

Thanks,

Jeff

WShawn
08-27-2003, 12:59 PM
So, what's up with the DVDs that we were supposed to receive for attending these sessions? I attended the Portland class back in February. I received the info to get the discounted products, but I've yet to receive the DVD.

Has it been completed?

Thanks.

Shawn Marshall

SplineGod
08-27-2003, 02:23 PM
Drop me an email and Ill get it out to you. :)

Stranahan
08-28-2003, 06:36 AM
We now have a new page on LearnLightWave.com for anyone who needs CDs....

http://www.learnlightwave.com/need_cds.htm

Jörg
08-28-2003, 06:43 AM
@larry

hi

i read here dvds , what dvd is it

greetings

joerg jung

Stranahan
08-28-2003, 06:59 AM
I was going to do a single DVD, but didn't want to deal with compatability problems - instead we have CDs.