PDA

View Full Version : How do I change the frame sequence in LW?

DJ1
12-02-2006, 09:48 AM
Hi

I have an animation from 0-100 (frames).

What I wanna do is to split up that animation to two animations so I get one animations from 0-40 and a second 0-59)

The problem I have is when I take the second part (41-100 in the original animation) I just cant do so that it goes from 0-59 instead of from 41-100.

Is it possible to change this?

NickLambert
12-02-2006, 12:32 PM
Hi
I have an animation from 0-100 (frames).

What I wanna do is to split up that animation to two animations so I get one animations from 0-40 and a second 0-59)
The problem I have is when I take the second part (41-100 in the original animation) I just cant do so that it goes from 0-59 instead of from 41-100.

Is it possible to change this?

If I understand right, all you need to do is re-number the 41-100 files 0-59, if that's the case just use a batch in GraphicConverter or similar.

DJ1
12-02-2006, 04:59 PM
If I understand right, all you need to do is re-number the 41-100 files 0-59, if that's the case just use a batch in GraphicConverter or similar.

yes I wanna rename 41-100 to 0-59.

batch in Graphicconverter?

I am rather new to lightwave. Don't really understand what you mean.

NickLambert
12-02-2006, 06:29 PM
yes I wanna rename 41-100 to 0-59.
batch in Graphicconverter?
I am rather new to lightwave. Don't really understand what you mean.

Sorry, first are you mac or PC?

If mac, this web page (http://www.xvsxp.com/files/renaming.php) gives a number of ways :thumbsup:

If PC, this tutorial (http://www.mediacollege.com/computer/file/batch-rename/windows-xp.html) tell's you how to do it in XP :thumbsup:

Hope that helps :)
The GraphicConverter reference is a mac prog that can do batch stuff on pictures, not really what you are after.

Sarford
12-02-2006, 06:52 PM
Could also be he wants the second part of his animation (41-100) to happen together with his first part, aka. they both play at the same time.

The fast way (at least with my knowledge of LW :D) is render them seperate and combine them in Final Cut Pro, After Effcts, Shake or something like that. If the animation allows for this methode that is.

The les fast way is to put all the animation of the second part in motion-designer and apply the animations again in the 1-59 frame range.

The third way is to just move the keyframes in the dopesheet or the scenemanager (if the object doesn't have any animation applied before frame 41).