PDA

View Full Version : newbe.. bevel help!

linden
12-02-2006, 01:17 AM
need some help please!

i want to bevel in this selection!
http://www.newtek.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39453&stc=1&d=1165046782
bevel_1.JPG

but its turns out like this!
http://www.newtek.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39454&stc=1&d=1165046921
bevel_2.JPG

as you see not all is bevel,, dont know how do it?

kruemel_1
12-02-2006, 01:47 AM
Bevel applies to bevel to each polygon separately. Use the Smooth Shift command - rightclick once without dragging, and then scale the selection with the stretch tool.

THREEL
12-02-2006, 01:57 AM
need some help please!

i want to bevel in this selection!
http://www.newtek.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39453&stc=1&d=1165046782
bevel_1.JPG

but its turns out like this!
http://www.newtek.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39454&stc=1&d=1165046921
bevel_2.JPG

as you see not all is bevel,, dont know how do it?

Hi linden,

Questions: Do you want to go in like you did, or have your selection protrude outward? Do you want the new geometry to look like spokes on a wheel, or do you want a smooth protrusion where all of the selected polygons move outward the same distance and stay connected?

Here's examples with 2 techniques: The one on the left is the Bevel like you were doing. If you want the new geometry to come out, than you need to check your shift distance. If it is positive and you got the result you showed, then you need to change it to a negative number. If it was negative, then you need to change it to a positive number. Also, I set an inset number, so you could better see the spoke effect that I was talking about.

If you want all of the new geometry connected to each other and the original, then I think you should use Smoothshift, Shift+f on your keyboard. On both of these examples, I exaggerated the amount, so you could see the results easier.

I hope this helps!:D

tHREEL, but you can call me AL.

linden
12-02-2006, 02:00 AM
Bevel applies to bevel to each polygon separately. Use the Smooth Shift command - rightclick once without dragging, and then scale the selection with the stretch tool.

thanks you so mutch,,,, now i got it,,,
:thumbsup:

THREEL
12-02-2006, 02:11 AM
Here's a quick render of the difference. Just in case you have a hard time opening the screen grab.

linden
12-02-2006, 02:12 AM
[QUOTE=THREEL]Hi linden,

Questions: Do you want to go in like you did, or have your selection protrude outward? Do you want the new geometry to look like spokes on a wheel, or do you want a smooth protrusion where all of the selected polygons move outward the same distance and stay connected?

Here's examples with 2 techniques: The one on the left is the Bevel like you were doing. If you want the new geometry to come out, than you need to check your shift distance. If it is positive and you got the result you showed, then you need to change it to a negative number. If it was negative, then you need to change it to a positive number. Also, I set an inset number, so you could better see the spoke effect that I was talking about.

If you want all of the new geometry connected to each other and the original, then I think you should use Smoothshift, Shift+f on your keyboard. On both of these examples, I exaggerated the amount, so you could see the results easier.

I hope this helps!:D

tHREEL, but you can call me AL.[/QUOTE

got it now,, thanks....

monfoodoo
12-03-2006, 01:15 PM
After using the smooth shift you can use Pictrix Resize to scale out to exact demensions.My favorite Tool

Foxfur
12-20-2006, 03:18 AM
Hi there.

I'm a newb too. I just saw this thread about the bevel tool and thought that maybe I could post my problem here.

The problem is that my bevel tool only works if I bevel a box or circle or any of these shapes under create. If I draw splines I want to bevel in a head for instance the eye, I can't make it bevel. I've seen a tutorial where he does it with the eyes and the nose.

So I thought you could tell me how exactly the tool works, what I can do with it, and how I do it without screwing it up.

Does the splines has to be connected in a specific way or have to share endpoints, etc.?

- Foxfur