PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions on layout and modeler

monfoodoo
12-01-2006, 11:58 PM
Is it damaging to save a object in increments,as in every half hour during construction(up to 45 as yet)?I kept getting"no visible layers found" message(on the vehicle body) when i went back to open layout ,after closing and saving all, and all the textures on my engine where missing.Which did show up in layout.I finally renamed the two objects and move them to a seperate folder.
And is it better to save scene and objects in layout and then "clear scene"and hit "quit" or just hit "quit"?
Hope this makes sense

UnCommonGrafx
12-02-2006, 08:11 AM
To the first question, NO, it would be termed "prudent". ;)

The second question I don't understand. Either of them is fine but it sounds like you have a purpose in quitting. What's your purpose of quitting outside of just moving on to another task?

monfoodoo
12-02-2006, 11:11 AM
I mean closing the program for the night.I'm doing a flat track race car for my girlfreinds father(who owned it,see image),for christmas(20 by 30) and i started to develope the problems stated above.If i lose this i'll shot myself.
Lightwave 8.5 has been pretty stable for me,but i'm at the scary part of almost being done.I've already had to retexture the motor.I,m afraid to close down the program after what happened.
And while i'm here,can you recomend a surface bump for the rear tire tread?