PDA

View Full Version : Need help with two things

sacsack
12-01-2006, 07:44 PM
Hello,
1. When I try to export my model in 3ds file I can't. an error come up and it will not export. What am I doing wrong?

2. How do you move your models from one layer to a nother. Like if I made a chair in layer 3 and I want to move it to layer 1 to put it in to a house I have in layer one. Let say I have a model in layer one and I want to load a nother in to layer 1, how is that done?

3. I know I said I had just two, if you are building a house, is the a way to hide the walls and then bring them back?

Thank you
renny:newhere:

Silkrooster
12-01-2006, 07:53 PM
1) you forgot to mention what the error said, but I assume it had to do with polygons not being 3 sided. Shift-t will triple your polys. This is a required step do to the file format specs.

2) Easiest way is select layer 3, select your chair, lasso select is right mouse button and drag around your chair in a wire frame window. Hit ctrl-x to cut, then select layer 1 and hit ctrl-v to paste. There are other ways, but I do not know if you wish to preserve the rest of the layers.

3) Select your walls hit the - key to hide selected objects. = key will select the unselected objects and | key will invert your objects that are hidden. Also \ key will unhide all objects.
Silk

sacsack
12-02-2006, 08:46 AM
thank you Silkrooster, I can go on with my project now. You have been a big help.
renny:beerchug: