PDA

View Full Version : Save America and watch this movie.

Rich Deustachio
11-29-2006, 07:46 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4312730277175242198&hl=en

lots
11-30-2006, 09:15 AM
indeed....

Intuition
11-30-2006, 09:57 AM
My how times have changed

I helped Aaron work on a political dcoumentary in the mid 90s called "Mad as ****".

He was pissed off that the democrats were growing the govt, which is one of the main points of criticism from a person of the libertarian mindset, me included.

He would say "I'm mad as **** and I'm not going to take it anymore" line that we have all heard".

He'd let loose on how he despised President Clinton and was seriously trying to get taxes lowered (successfully through the republicans I might add).

Now, eight years later we are in a different world. The Right has been in office and although have lowered the taxes and grown the economy the one thing they did not deliver was a smaller govt. I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt even considering the war and Katrina but there were too many spend items beyond that which were things they used to crit the left about.

Evidently Aaron Russo is sick of it too. Honestly this doc is a little bit on the kooky side because this fascism scare has been used all throughout the 20th and now into the 21st century and will never come true. What should be of note though is that, yes the govt spending is ridiculous which is why the democrats are gaining back power.

I know Aaron personally and he is passionate about the USA and liberty. I consider myself a conservative republican but was happy to see the power cut a little from the right in the last election given the recent spending history.

Anyways I know this isn't a political forum but thought I should make this footnote before anyone goes into any documentary filled with nice editing and emotion stirring music only to come out really passionate and confused.

Give everything a look but keep your thinking mind objective no matter if the material agrees or disagrees with you.

JReble
11-30-2006, 10:22 AM
Yeah, but any thinking person should know better than to let a web video connect a bunch of dots in their heads between numerous fragmented quotes that often have nothing to do with the issues inferred. This kind of "movie making" is no better than the national enquirer. They string together a series of disjointed facts and/or quotes to attempt to paint a clear picture of something that can never be justified through actual intelligent and unbiased research. Anybody want to dredge up the 911 docomockery again? This stuff is only good for exposing the paranoid loonies in a crown who would otherwise be writing angry letters to the government under a bare lightbulb in their parents basement. Sure there's corruption in government. Sure some people are evil. Who needs to make this crap up, there's plenty to go around without inventing it.

Intuition
11-30-2006, 10:42 AM
Totally Agree JReble. Some docs do that kind of thing. It is like National Enquirer.

Hope my statement didn't sound in any way in disagreement with what you have said. It was only a "caution, all ye who enter here..." sign. ;)

Exception
11-30-2006, 02:42 PM
I really feel this doesn't have a place on a forum which has to do with graphics. Do we need another 'Church?' thread?

If I want these things, I go onto youtube and type in my preferred political denomination, and get served an edit-mentary of choice.
What further frustrates me at things like this is that a large part of the users on these forums are not americans. You probably want to keep national political debates from an international forum.

Then again, make up your own mind :)

Rich Deustachio
11-30-2006, 10:40 PM
I really feel this doesn't have a place on a forum which has to do with graphics. Do we need another 'Church?' thread?

If I want these things, I go onto youtube and type in my preferred political denomination, and get served an edit-mentary of choice.
What further frustrates me at things like this is that a large part of the users on these forums are not americans. You probably want to keep national political debates from an international forum.

Then again, make up your own mind :)

Maybe I should have just posted another Joke Thread. It's people like you that are going to sit by and watch this country go down the tubes.

toby
12-01-2006, 03:34 AM
You probably want to keep national political debates from an international forum.
Why?

Besides, it's not partisan and it's not national. If somebody posted here that Florida fell into the sea, would you say "this is not the place for that"? This is the right place for OT discussions.

The first third of the film is wasted on me, it starts out as nothing but anti-tax complaining. Only in the last two-thirds does he start to explain why taxes are not neccessary, and it really takes off from there.

Sarford
12-01-2006, 04:54 AM
Enjoy your americano mud-slinging.

here we go again.... :grumpy:

Exception
12-01-2006, 07:14 AM
Maybe I should have just posted another Joke Thread. It's people like you that are going to sit by and watch this country go down the tubes.

Ah... "people like you." I love sweeping generalisations. The hallmark of a well thought out argument.

Hey I was being pretty civil. I see that you have no desire to be so.

I could say a host of things now which could start any number of arguments, but I won't. It just doesn't have a place here.

Jim_C
12-01-2006, 08:04 AM
I'm not sure why some get so ooo-fended and uptight about a thread properly placed in the 'general discussion' part of a forum.

None of us are coughing up for the bandwidth, and in the real world of paying mortgage and getting electric bills these bits flying thru cyberspace mean absolutely nothing.

Don't like it, don't click, don't read. Move on with life because this little thread won't hurt you a bit.

GregMalick
12-01-2006, 08:14 AM
I love sweeping generalisations. The hallmark of a well thought out argument.

I've only read the comments in the thread and haven't viewed the vid yet.

But this quote is a gem and it's going into my vocabulary - immediately.
Nice one, Exception.

starbase1
12-01-2006, 08:19 AM
Do we need another 'Church?' thread?

Yes please.

shrox
12-01-2006, 08:32 AM
What I find surprising is the number of people willing to undergo iris or hand scans without any second thought. I think that is a major loss of freedom. If a bank or other institution ever asks me to do that, they will not get any of my business.

If the government asks me for such, my answer is no. Which means I probably will not be able to get a drivers license or passport eventually.

Kurtis
12-01-2006, 09:00 AM
This forum is not the place for political discussions. There are other forums on the web for that if you want to discuss this further.