PDA

View Full Version : Question about digitizer tablet

MikeK
11-29-2006, 06:49 PM
Hi all,

Does anybody know if there is support in Modler and Layout, and a map layout for a 12 X 12 tablet in Lightwave 9?

This would be with part of the tablet layed out for screen map and the rest for function mapping.

Thank You,
Mike

iconoclasty
11-30-2006, 08:19 AM
Not sure I understand completely. Are you asking if you can use a 12x12 Wacom(type device) in LW? I don't see why not, it would really depend on whether your system could support it. But maybe I'm misunderstanding.

ingo
11-30-2006, 09:24 AM
I guess not, this is mostly available for CAD software.

MikeK
11-30-2006, 11:38 AM
Hi there,

I used to be a CAD drafter. We used a tablet for drawing. This speeds you up quite a bit as you can place the most used functions on the squares of the map and place the map under the transparent plastic on the tablet.

I have included a picture from another CAD package I have for making maps. The big area with the circle is the area that maps to the screen and the squares outside of that area is where you map the functions.

Thank You,
Mike

Extent
11-30-2006, 03:24 PM
LW has a tablet input mode in the options, but that just allows a tablet device to work sliders and rotate views properly. Beyond that, any mappings would have to be done in your tablet driver.