PDA

View Full Version : Update feature for UB version

Sarford
11-29-2006, 04:01 AM
Hi Chilton,

One feature I would like to see updated for the UB version (if thats still possible) is the Bandsaw pro.
This very handy tool becomes very unresponsive if you wanna slice some poly's with more than a few cuts.

Right now I have a poly loop of 12 polygons and trying to cut it in 20 pieces at once. At the moment (with 13 cuts), when adjusting the mini-slider, I have an update time of 8 seconds before I see where the cut is on the poly! This is with only one view (back) active and the total (original) object is around 60 polys.

Also, the minislider only takes steps of .5 % wich makes it very difficult to make fine adjustments on big polys.

Another problem is entering numbers in the value field. When I enter a two digit number, it goes ok with the first number, but when I enter the second number it displays a different number. For instance, I want to enter 95%, I enter the first 9 and everything is ok but when I enter the 5 the value field displays 25,667% (for instance). It does this with entering numbers from the number keys above the qwerty keys as with the numberic keypad.

I don't know if this tool has the same problems on the PC, thats why I posted it here. Is there still time to do something about it? Otherwise I would be happy if you put it on your to-do-list for a next update :)

regards, Simon

G5 one processor, 1.8 Ghz, 2Gb ram

toby
11-30-2006, 02:28 AM
Until Modeler is updated, try using Bandsaw non-Pro. The only real difference between Bandsaw Pro and the original Bandsaw is the interactivity, but if you're pushing the tool enough that interactivity is really bad, which isn't hard to do, it's more worthwhile to use the original tool.

Sarford
11-30-2006, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the reply Toby, I'll try that then.
Would be nice if at least the numeric entries were repaired though :)