PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Lighting/Rendering

wtdedula
11-28-2006, 05:18 PM
Hello All;
I have another question. This question involves lighting and/or rendering. I am trying to light and render a scene but everytime I do, the object takes on a tint from the color of the backdrop. In addition, there seem to be some shadows whereas I have turned off all shadows or so I thought. In fact, I have turned off everything, practically such as reflections, refractions, etc ... See my attachment. I have checked everything I could think of in all of the options in the light properties, camera properties, backdrop options, compositing options, etc ... but could not get these two problems to go away. I have also tried every type of light without success.

Basically, I am trying to create an illustration that is clear when printed fairly small.

Can anyone suggest what my problem could be based upon my descriptioon and the picture I've uploaded ? If you need more information, let me know. Thanks a lot.

Tim

voriax
11-28-2006, 06:01 PM
Enabling radiosity with a background colour set will automatically cast background-coloured rays onto the object. Shadows would also be coming from the radiosity.

You could try switching radiosity off and set up a lighting rig that highlights your model the way you want it.

To fix the problem of the backdrop colour contaminating the object colour, a quick solution is to set the background colour to white (or grey) and set a backdrop image to whatever you want (I assume it would be a space backdrop?)

wtdedula
11-28-2006, 06:29 PM
Thanks Voriax;
That is interesting - I wouldn't have expected that.

Couple of things ...

I turned off Radiosity but still get the strange shadows (White) in the image. Actually, shadows are OK except they seem a bit intense and unnatural. See attached image.

Also, I actually used light blue on purpose. I wasn't planning to use black (As you'd expect) but now that you mentioned it, I think I'll see how it would look. It is important that the image shows up good on whatever background I use as it will have text on it.

Hmmm ... now I'm wondering what the difference between a backdrop and background ? Aren't they technically the same thing - except the backdrop is a color and the background is a image.

Tim

wtdedula
11-28-2006, 06:31 PM
Woops ... forgot the attachment ... Here it is ...

Tim