PDA

View Full Version : Pack of cards

byronpetch
11-28-2006, 03:15 PM
Hi All,
I need to create several animations involving pack of cards flying about in mid air. Some of the animations will be chaotic, cards flying everywhere scenes as if someone has just thrown the pack but lot will be a case of the cards following each other in fancy twists and turns.

In the past ive done similar things by animating all of the cards together and then of setting each card in time so each card is following the one in front but a short distance behind.

Firstly can anyone think of a quick way to off set each animated layer in time so I dont have to manually do it in the scene editor? it would also be good if there was some way in which I could alter the path of the first card and the rest would automatically follow. Doing it my usual way would require me to animate the lot?

Apart from this if anybody has any general cards flying in space techniques i would be very interested to hear them.

Many thanks

MP

Bushmsn
11-28-2006, 05:43 PM
I think you could use fx linker and particle emitters to do that.

SplineGod
11-28-2006, 05:50 PM
Animate one card then apply Dr Follower in Relativity to the other cards. You can have each card follow with an offset.

byronpetch
11-29-2006, 03:42 AM
Many thanks for your replies. Im not familiar with dr follower. Presumibly its a plugin! I cant fid any reference to it when I do a Google search. Could I trouble you for some more details?

Need to look into FX linker. Something i havent used much in the past.

many thanks

MP

gjjackson
11-29-2006, 06:13 AM
dr follower is part of relativity.

byronpetch
11-29-2006, 06:57 AM
Ok thanks,

Looks like its by Prem design, only thing is there is nothing in the plugins section of their web site. It also looks like it may be a feature of LW9. Hmm must get around to upgrading soon.

Thanks for your help.

gjjackson
11-29-2006, 07:01 AM
Yep, it's included with LW9.

SplineGod
11-29-2006, 11:16 AM
Try using the Follower plugin that comes with LW. :)

byronpetch
11-29-2006, 11:34 AM
Thanks, Ive been looking at that today. You also suggesting it makes me feel that its perhaps the way to go.

Thanks

MP

SplineGod
11-29-2006, 12:03 PM
Its certainly one of several possible ways :)