PDA

View Full Version : Any known LW9 bug lists ??

mlowes
11-28-2006, 11:01 AM
We recently transitioned from lw8 (still installed of course) to lw9 at work here, and 9 is starting to drive me a little up the wall. I dug around on the newtek website, and did a quick search on the forums but can't seem to find a bug list.

My pain of the moment is in the graph editor using the stretch tool in the graph editor. Select a series of points you wish to stretch, place the mouse to stretch these points, and voila, random points seem to be dropped from the selection and don't move. Frustrating.

Now if this is a known bug, fine, maybe there's a workaround. But I work in lightwave every day and would love to read over a known bugs list, features that weren't really finished list, known workarounds etc.

Thanks in advance everyone...

RedBull
11-28-2006, 11:26 AM
We recently transitioned from lw8 (still installed of course) to lw9 at work here, and 9 is starting to drive me a little up the wall. I dug around on the newtek website, and did a quick search on the forums but can't seem to find a bug list.

My pain of the moment is in the graph editor using the stretch tool in the graph editor. Select a series of points you wish to stretch, place the mouse to stretch these points, and voila, random points seem to be dropped from the selection and don't move. Frustrating.

Now if this is a known bug, fine, maybe there's a workaround. But I work in lightwave every day and would love to read over a known bugs list, features that weren't really finished list, known workarounds etc.

Thanks in advance everyone...

I originally lobbyed for a bug forum, and NT did at least add a sticky thread for 8.x, which was helpful...

But LW9 and the Beta forums seems to of killed any idea of another one.
I give up, i'm sick of whinging to this company about it's own shortcummings
that make it harder for it's users to use LW.
a public bug list is a must in 2006.

mlowes
11-28-2006, 11:51 AM
I agree Redbull...
I'd become comfortable with the challenges under version 8.x, knew what worked with stability and what to stay clear of etc. Feel very vulnerable under version 9...

I don't understand what happened to the tradition of shipping readme files with the product with ALL known issues. I guarantee they have them internally, you think the competition isn't aware of lightwaves shortcomings or something ?

Give those of us making a living using lightwave a break. I don't get to choose the tools I use at work...