PDA

View Full Version : Italian holydays

gabrielj
11-28-2006, 10:39 AM
Hi, guys
I am going to go to Italy, but I don't know which cities to visit
Could you give me some advice?
Perhaps you have been to this country, if yes, where exactly and which hotels did you stay?
Lots of thanks

BazC
11-28-2006, 10:49 AM
Excuse me for being a suspicious old ***tard but we get a lot of spam and bot posts on this site. You've posted once and it has nothing to do with Lightwave, CGI, art, computers... Can you reply to my post so we know you're a person and not some dastardly machine? :D

THREEL
11-28-2006, 12:22 PM
Excuse me for being a suspicious old ***tard but we get a lot of spam and bot posts on this site. You've posted once and it has nothing to do with Lightwave, CGI, art, computers... Can you reply to my post so we know you're a person and not some dastardly machine? :D

I second that motion!!!

oDDity
11-28-2006, 12:31 PM
Suspicious? A guy innocently joins a CG site to ask where to go on holydays?
Depending on which holy day you're referring to, church is always a popular choice.

bobakabob
11-28-2006, 03:25 PM
Indeed. We may be speaking to nothing more than a Spambot machine.

Gabriel, if you're 'real' send a postcard of your adventures to the Newtek forum. You can't beat a trip to Rome Florence and Lucca especially if you're into classical art and architecture. Followed by a glass of vino or two.

lab2
11-29-2006, 06:33 AM
If you wont, go to Roma, Firenze, Venezia, Napoli, ecc...

But if you wont, you can rent a car and try a trip in the "not turist Italy". The peninsula is full of beautifull, you can't wrong.

Ciao a tutti,
Davide.

P.S. sorry for my english

gjjackson
11-29-2006, 09:15 AM
I went to Mediterranean years ago, and I really really like Malta. THAT is My favorite place to go.

liquidpope
11-29-2006, 09:24 AM
I went all over Italy just a year ago. Saw most of it.
I gotta say, it was terrible.
We went in August, the most wrong-est time to go.
It was at least 19.4 Billion degrees, and A/C in not a standard item there.

If you go, don't go in August.

Little Italy in New York is waaay better, all year long.

Sarford
11-29-2006, 04:20 PM
I went all over Italy just a year ago. Saw most of it.
I gotta say, it was terrible.
We went in August, the most wrong-est time to go.
It was at least 19.4 Billion degrees, and A/C in not a standard item there.

If you go, don't go in August.

Little Italy in New York is waaay better, all year long.

LiquidPope, you're behaving like an american tourist :D

liquidpope
11-29-2006, 08:12 PM
Yeah, well, you got me there. :D

I almost tossed a guy off a boat in Venice, but since the whole world thinks we Americans are bullies already, I decided not to prove everyone right.
So it could have been worse.

lilrayray77
11-30-2006, 04:40 AM
If one were to go to Italy, I would highly recommend going to cinque terre. Truely a beautiful place.

lab2
12-01-2006, 02:26 AM
Yeah, cinque terre in Liguria. Highly recommend!!!
But not in August. All the italian people have holidays in August.
The best is May, June, July and September.

liquidpope
12-01-2006, 12:52 PM
My wife was teaching in Rotterdam for a week, and then 3 days in Milan, smack dab in the middle of August. We found out the hard way that August is definitely the wrong time of year to go to Italy.
Aside from the miserable heat, it really was spectacular.

Here's a question for you, Lab. We saw most of the countryside from the trains between major cities. Oddly, we only saw 2 horses, and absolutely no cows at all. So the question is, where does all that Italian leather come from?
(it's not people, is it?)

pixelinfected
12-01-2006, 04:10 PM
italy is full of beautiful place, if you came in italy in this period, remember that upper part of italy is a bit cold, but if you want to see a wonderful place, check rome, it's full of artistic place, good food and wonderful people (yea i live at rome actually), but also Liguria, is a wonderful place, Liguria have many place to visit, like 5 terre or Portofino (i was born 3 km from Portofino, at Santa Margherita Ligure), but this place is better to see from april, when all place are covered from flowers and is not cold like now.

Probably the number of cities depend from your budget, from the time, and you interest.

Venezia, Siena, Firenze and many other cities are greats, best thing to do, i think, is to contact a travel agency and ask, to have some suggest about hotel and more.

Good Holyday.:agree:

Martin Adams
12-02-2006, 06:05 AM
Sorry guys, this is spam:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=%22Perhaps+you+have+been+to+this+country%2C+if+y es%2C+where+exactly+and+which+hotels+did+you+stay% 22&btnG=Google+Search&meta=