PDA

View Full Version : Importing Lightwave Content into Blender (while retaining textures)?

Deux
11-28-2006, 04:45 AM
Hi Wavers,

I have to provide some game content to some folks using Blender and would really like to do the work in LW which I'm most comfortable with. I can happily import .LWO and .OBJ formats into Blender, but neither initially retain texture placement and this has to be added manually in Blender following import.

Has anyone had any experience importing LW content into Blender whilst retaining texture placement?

Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated,

Deux

ItsPete
11-28-2006, 11:03 AM
sorry - no real experience with it but have you tried maybe .x?

totally different but i import lightwave content into another app through fbx. in order to retain texture mapping, it must be uv'd rather than say planar projection. also, an image must be applied in the surface or i lose my uvs. as far as i know blender doesn't support fbx. so i'm not suggesting that format. just that maybe you're hitting something similar?

Deux
11-28-2006, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the reply.

Using DirectX format (.x) seems to be producing some results in my quick tests. I'll need to investigate it further, but you might have cracked this problem - thanks!

Deux

ItsPete
11-28-2006, 01:45 PM
glad it helped (maybe) and good luck with it!