PDA

View Full Version : Perfume

Andyjaggy
11-27-2006, 11:02 AM
Just a quick product shot I did over the weekend.

paulk
11-27-2006, 11:28 AM
This looks great, but I am a bit confused about the cap.

It looks like there's a clear disk with a chromed outer edge and the rest of the cap fits into a hole in the disk. From the angle in the render, the back of the disk looks a lot thicker than the front of the disk.

Is this a real product or something you created on your own?

voriax
11-27-2006, 05:29 PM
Looking closely, the disk at the top is all chrome as well, just that the join is so perfect you can hardly see the connection (it's reflecting the cylinder under it perfectly). You're seeing a "thick edge" at the back because it's reflecting the main part of the bottle and the background behind it.

Apart from that little bit of confusion, the only minor crit I would have is about the plastic parts of the ..uh.. "intake line". They seem a bit out of place, standing out too much, like they should be semi-transparent or something.
Other than that, I love the finish of the whole thing :D

Andyjaggy
11-27-2006, 06:49 PM
Yeah everyone I have showed this too is a little confused about the round disc on the cap. It is supposed to be glass, but isn't coming across that way. I still think it looks good so it doesn't matter too much but I might try to fix it.

Also you are right about the plastic tube, I forgot to make it transparent :)

Andyjaggy
11-27-2006, 07:34 PM
Oh and yes I designed the bottle myself, it isn't a real product.

Andyjaggy
11-29-2006, 10:03 AM
Changed a few things on the bottle.

Tzan
11-29-2006, 03:44 PM
I like that you changed the top glass to blue.

Try a version where the diameter of the top glass is less than now.
Perhaps wider than the main cylinder, by the glass thickness on that blue top piece. So the glass overhangs the cylinder by the glass thickness. There I said it twice :)

Andyjaggy
11-29-2006, 06:33 PM
Okay I had to read that like three time to get what you were saying :) I think that might be a good idea.

Tzan
11-30-2006, 04:01 PM
Heh :)

BigHache
11-30-2006, 09:09 PM
Great render and design. I would suggest maybe using a curved background so that you don't see the crease behind. That's how physical product photography is done. Maybe give it a shot and see what you think.

Andyjaggy
12-01-2006, 10:30 AM
I thought of doing a curved background but decided I didn't like it for this particular shot.