PDA

View Full Version : Does New Buyer Have Immediate Beta Access?

Greg Smith
11-26-2006, 01:47 PM
I've been hesitant, in the past, to take advantage of NewTek's Lightwave 9 crossgrade offer for a few reasons. The main reason being no demo version to try out. Also, the length of time Newtek advertises for order processing and shipping out new orders - coupled with voiced upset at shipment delays here on the forum.

If I, today, purchase Lightwave 9 Crossgrade for $495 with .pdf manual, will I have immediate, downloadable access to the most recent Mac beta version of the software, (i.e. 9.2)? I use a G4 Mac Mini.

Thank you,

Greg Smith

Drocket
11-26-2006, 03:13 PM
Hi Greg,

I ordered the companion version (the one where you are coming from a competing product) and it took them over 6 weeks to deliver (via the distributor and reseller in Australia), I never did get to the bottom of why it took so long, the distributer did say they normally held stock on the companion version but were awaiting new stock and this is the reason for the delay??? I can't comment on how long it will take for you to receive it in the US but I would hope it would be a lot quicker than what it took mine to arrive.

Once it arrived I registered it and signed up for the beta version and got immediate access to the download; access to the beta forums took between 12 and 24 hours but you shouldn't need access to the forums immediately.

I have a Mac Pro so I'm waiting for the universal binary version to appear on the beta program :) I am slowly getting to grips with it and working my way through the modeler but I am happy with it and having lots of fun learning new stuff.

Drocket.

Bog
11-26-2006, 04:29 PM
No! No you don't! Go away, n00b! No! Get out of the kitchen, it'll be ready when it's ready!

Tschaw! Thinking you can swan in here, all stinking of New Car Smell and...

...oh, sorry, I was ranting complete crap. Of course you're good for that.

Hi! Welcome :)

Oh, and there is a demo version of 9.0 now, good for 30 days.

Greg Smith
11-26-2006, 07:44 PM
Bog:

You must be pulling my leg. There is no demo that I can find anywhere. If it does exist Newtek must be doing their best to hide it.

Greg Smith

Drocket
11-26-2006, 08:33 PM
Hi Greg,

I don't think they have openly announced it yet but here is the thread where it is being discussed:
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59483

Drocket.