PDA

View Full Version : Post-F10itis.

Bog
11-26-2006, 01:40 PM
So I've just kicked off a job that's been a bit of a struggle to do in the deadline (really satisfying, very happy stuff, re-creating Robert Hooke's notebooks from when he was secretary of the Royal Society).

Bopped F10, opened a very well deserved beer, and suddenly I've realised that I've been running on adrenaline and caffeine for a fortnight, haven't had a weekend in that time, and am blimmin' knackered.

Does anyone else experience this sag-and-flop when the render's started and there's nothing else to do?

Lightwolf
11-26-2006, 01:48 PM
Does anyone else experience this sag-and-flop when the render's started and there's nothing else to do?
Not quite... only when the job is _really_ out of the door... I've had too much sh*t happen after the F10 to be able to relax ;)

It looks like this year I just stumbled right into the next job after the F10, no break at all...

Cheers,
Mike

Bog
11-26-2006, 01:53 PM
It looks like this year I just stumbled right into the next job after the F10, no break at all...

Been that way here, too. Bloody marvellous! :D

Verlon
11-26-2006, 02:15 PM
Sometimes I get that way after completing big projects (in anything). Its why I have so many hobbies.

On an unrelated note: Bog, I like the new avatar

iconoclasty
11-26-2006, 02:27 PM
On an unrelated note: Bog, I like the new avatar

Yes, it's like nothing I've ever seen before.

kmaas
11-26-2006, 03:43 PM
Bog, I like the new avatar

Ditto! Still recognizable, but very different!

Digital Hermit
11-26-2006, 03:52 PM

You smell that.... that smelled like sarcasm. :devil:

For me, it is a love/hate relationship with F10. Love when I am finally finished with a scene. Hate to wait 15 hours for a 300-frame render. :thumbsdow

(At first, I thought your post was referring to having postpartum* depression after modeling a certain fighter aircraft - heh)

EDIT: Ya, postpartum… We all know that pushing out a 3D model is similar to birthing a baby.

Bog
11-26-2006, 04:17 PM

I'm nothing if not original.

*BAMF*

Oh, bugger.

iconoclasty
11-26-2006, 04:36 PM
No sense in changing once you've reached perfection.

Bog
11-26-2006, 04:41 PM
Awww :)

Actually, I'm pretty happy with this:

http://www.imaginetix.co.uk/Images/hooke_003.jpg

borkus
11-26-2006, 05:17 PM
very nice!!! i also like your new avatar. like someone said before, still recognizable. question though. did you create the font for the page yourself? i don't have anything even remotely like that on any of the programs i have

borkus
11-26-2006, 05:18 PM
as far as i can tell. (forgot that part. wouldn't be the first time i missed something painfully obvious)

Bog
11-26-2006, 05:19 PM
Nooooo,borkus, that's the writings of a chap in 1678. It's not a font. Though maybe it should be.

StereoMike
11-26-2006, 05:20 PM
Most of the time there's too much to do after f10. Comp'ing it all together, cutting, encoding and uploading or burning and sending it via mail.
The relief sets in with the upload or with the sent dvd. I once worked from Monday to Friday and only slept 5 hours in that time. hmm..I dunno how often I took a nap during f9, but it was not more than 5 hours real laying-in-bed-sleep.
Like most of you I've seen my part of f10 aftermath... things can really go ugly if your deadline is at the frontdoor and the last renderjob was a result of a dizzy mind that forgot a checkbox and went to bed... hehe

Mike

borkus
11-27-2006, 05:38 PM
sorry, bog. was working on an project of a children's book animation when i opened this thread. didn't mean to sound stupid!!!!

Bog
11-27-2006, 05:40 PM
sorry, bog. was working on an project of a children's book animation when i opened this thread. didn't mean to sound stupid!!!!

Oh, tish borkus! Who's got brain to spare when they're actually working? I durn well don't... anyway, how often do I sound stupid around there parts?*

*a lot.