PDA

View Full Version : FireLizard Test

SplineGod
06-16-2003, 12:10 AM
To avoid crossposting check out THIS (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69762) thread.
Its a test I had to do recently. :)

Lamont
06-17-2003, 01:06 AM
Sweet Larry!! And on such short time-frame ^_^!!

SplineGod
06-17-2003, 01:46 AM
Thanks Lamont!
After having rigged so much for so long I really enjoyed just being able to jump in and animate :)

colkai
06-17-2003, 04:38 AM
Larry,
I don't suppose you can tell us what it's in relation to?

Both myself and my wife are huge 'Dragons Of Pern' fans, well Dragons in general really, but love the Pern books.

I was gutted when they stopped work on the Pern film, that could still be a really good theme for a movie. Assuming they don't destroy it, (as in the Carrie Fisher 'Orange' advert at the cinema ;) )

SplineGod
06-17-2003, 05:34 AM
To be honest it was a very last minute thing and I wasnt really told what it was in relation to. I heard the term firelizard more then once though. :)

Beamtracer
06-17-2003, 05:40 AM
Great animation! The background video is not exposed very well. It'll be challenge to 'expose' the 3D elements to match the gamma and overexposure of the video.

SplineGod
06-17-2003, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by Beamtracer
Great animation! The background video is not exposed very well. It'll be challenge to 'expose' the 3D elements to match the gamma and overexposure of the video.
I dont think theyre overly concerned about the video. It may have been pulled of a video tap on the camera or shot simply as a test.
I got the impression that it ended up being last minute due to some disagreements. I wished I would have had more time to texture it and detail the models more. Still in the end it was very fun and entirely animated by the seat of my pants. There were no storyboards to go by. :)