PDA

View Full Version : Tools for bringing XSI scenes and objects into Lightwave

lesford
11-25-2006, 12:04 PM
Are there any simple tools or procedures to enable rendering of XSI scenes in Lightwave?

Les Ford

Phil
11-25-2006, 12:29 PM
PointOven

lesford
11-25-2006, 01:14 PM
Thanks,

According to the docs, Point Oven doesn't support materials and textures. Is there anything that deals with these issues?

Les

Cageman
11-25-2006, 01:45 PM
Well, since all 3D-apps have somewhat different approaches to how you shade and surface your 3D-model, there aren't any magic buttons for this. You simply need to shade your models from scratch in LightWave. Simple as that.

SplineGod
11-25-2006, 02:09 PM
You could probably bake your material onto your object in XSI and export it as a UV map or Export the object as an obj.

t4d
11-26-2006, 04:54 AM
You could probably bake your material onto your object in XSI and export it as a UV map or Export the object as an obj.

yes that is correct :thumbsup:

I have done this afew times To uses Fprime on XSI Animation Jobs Due to Fprime Speed. XSI has Point oven as a standard feature so you can load and save lwo and mdd files without issue in both apps

One other option that i have done ( but end up doing it all in XSI mentalray )is uses Darktree textures ( procedures ) then you can have the same procedures in both apps.:thumbsup:

lesford
11-26-2006, 11:36 AM
Do any of you know if the XSI Foundation license allows you to render on a dual processor Opteron box if both of those processors have two cores?

Their license says it limits you to two processors. Does that mean two cores?

Forgive me for asking this here, but you do seem to be familiar with XSI, and They are pretty useless when it comes to answering this simple question.

Les

cresshead
11-26-2006, 11:39 AM
you may get an answer faster from the xsi forum on www.cgtalk.com

t4d
11-26-2006, 04:12 PM
Do any of you know if the XSI Foundation license allows you to render on a dual processor Opteron box if both of those processors have two cores?

Their license says it limits you to two processors. Does that mean two cores?

Forgive me for asking this here, but you do seem to be familiar with XSI, and They are pretty useless when it comes to answering this simple question.

Les

yes you get 2 nodes with XSI fnd and Mentalray only counts CPU's NOT Cores.

lesford
11-29-2006, 07:41 PM
Thanks to everyone for their help on this.

Les