PDA

View Full Version : Surface editor - no textures?

csoars
11-24-2006, 05:45 PM
I hope someone can help. I ahve been playing with LW9 for a month or so and I did a tutorial that was a set of planets. Ever since then I can not get the surface editor to apply any textures. I have even removed and reloaded the software to try and get it to work but it won't.

It seems to have somthing to do with the scale? but I can not find the problem - or a rest to default button. What am I missing?

Sekhar
11-24-2006, 06:27 PM
You mean the buttons are all greyed out; or you're saying you can make a change but it doesn't get reflected? In what way are you not able to apply textures? Could you post a screenshot of your Surface Editor with an object loaded?

csoars
11-24-2006, 07:04 PM
The buttons all work OK but teh textures seems to be off the scale. Attached is a screen shot - I applied the preset "cracked" and the gray is the but not the vanes. Same if I use others - a colour goes on and the 'shiny' surface appears but the detail of the texture is missing. Its like it is set to a huge scale...

I hope the creen shot comes out.

Sekhar
11-24-2006, 07:23 PM
You're just not seeing the texture in OpenGL; it'll show up in the render. Render and see.

csoars
11-24-2006, 07:31 PM
OK so now I feel really stupid.... Thanks :-)