PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave 9 Spyder on my driveway

KSSO
11-24-2006, 03:07 PM
Warm greetings to yall Lightravers and rendermen! , This render I tried hdr, 4 lites, bg radio, corona, tweek surf settings.. Hope 2 get feedbak to improve renders... tanx

IZZE
11-25-2006, 09:44 PM
The main thing that sticks out to me is that the shadow of the house and the shadow of the car are two different colors.

The car looks like it is completely made of chrome. Maybe it is too reflective.

Looks like this could turn out very well with some more tweaks.

KSSO
11-25-2006, 11:21 PM
a friend of mine who knows nothing about 3d but likes
cars pointed out something else... tires flatten a little bit due to the weight of the car... and yeah I guess it looks like chrome..

thanx 4 the feedbak

voriax
11-26-2006, 05:49 PM
Get some radiosity happening as well, as the wheels dont look like they're touching the ground at the moment. Radiosity will add darker shadows around the wheels and darken the area directly underneath the middle of the car to add realism.
It should also add a blue tinge to the shadow (if set using hdr map or blue sky backdrop), which will match the shadow from the house.

Jim_C
11-26-2006, 06:05 PM
Is the passenger door open?
From this angle it seems like we should still be able to see the top of the door(interior side) if it's closed. Instead of the driveway wall.

Cougar12dk
11-27-2006, 03:13 AM
It does look like the door is missing in the render, Jim. It's there in the OGL image though.

KSSO
11-28-2006, 11:01 AM
Thx 4 the tip... yea I was staring at the screen too long.. I disabled the door to speed up render time and I forgot to put it back!..

KSSO
11-28-2006, 11:03 AM
I think I need to calibrate my monitor too... to get the correct shadows.. thx you guys..

dxyner
11-29-2006, 01:13 PM
My two cents..
I think that you need to desaturate your colors on the render, either in post or from within LW. The colors of the car are too rich in contrast to the colors in the photo, a little grain added in would help too. If you render in passes then you can render the car out all by itself with no reflections or shaddows just to get an alpha mask to use when you add grain in photoshop.

KSSO
12-01-2006, 03:56 PM
thx for the tips.. I have 2 start over cuz I lost some surface settings..
butyeah.. perhaps renderking in passes will save me time cuz radio renders take long.... reflections are hard to make photoreal.. but I'll keep tryin'... thx