PDA

View Full Version : Zbrush displacement Node?

bobakabob
11-24-2006, 09:42 AM
Is there a custom Zbrush displacement Node in Lightwave or does it have to be created manually? Steve Warner's (excellent) LW - ZB tutorials indicate there is one as does the LW manual but I can't seem to find a specific Zbrush node to import from LW Content as he suggests.

I tried saving / exporting the node that came with the Zbrush head example in the LW Content files to use for my own project but it doesn't seem to work. For some strange reason I can't import it.

A Zbrush node doesn't look too difficult to make but I thought Zbrush displacement in LW 9would be a little more more straightforward. Apologies if I'm missing something :D

teemue
12-18-2006, 08:53 AM
I have the same question too - is this true that lw9 is shipped with this node thing or not? Or how to get it, someone please help!!

:D

BeeVee
12-18-2006, 09:01 AM
You need to watch William's video (ftp://ftp.newtek.com/pub/LightWave/LW9/zbrush-nodes-aps.mov).

B

Dodgy
12-18-2006, 09:05 AM
There's a dedicated normal map node. As for displacement:

Add an image node with the displacement texture in it, then pump the luma into a Math>vector>scale node's scale input.
Then add a Spot>Spotinfo and pump the Normal into the scale node's vector input.
Finally, pump the scale node's result into the displacement input.

bobakabob
12-18-2006, 11:26 AM
Building the displacement node isn't too difficult and works a treat. To add to Dodgy's advice, according to Steve Warner's guide for Zbrush > LW, you'll have to add two extra nodes, Subtract and Multiply. Both are accessed via Math > Scalar. Try adding the values .25 and .5 respectively as a starting point.