PDA

View Full Version : On the table

Mat
11-24-2006, 05:23 AM
In this sceen I have put a few of my older models in and one of my new fav models (The great sword). You got to love If2, I used one of their textures for the table and a bit of reflection and it came out quite nice. anyway all the best.

voriax
11-26-2006, 05:57 PM
My advice would be, switch on raidosity, and don't scrimp on the specular highlights.. At the moment, the speculars on the objects are too faded - the sword, the goblet and the glass sphere being the main examples. They should have quite high and quite tight specular highlights on them as they are polished materials. The table should be similar, being a glossy coated object. Area lights and radiosity will help to authenticate the shadows a bit.

When you're setting up the lights in a room scene like this, place the lights where the real light sources would be coming from if the place existed. They look a bit low and far away at the moment. There would be some light coming from the windows, too, which would appear if radiosity was on.

Mat
11-27-2006, 11:54 PM
Ahhh I turned on radiosity, made a few changes and made the the image smaller, 12hrs later I have a grainier less real looking ren, I will try again later though I just have to make sure the metal surfaces are spot on before I do a big ren again.

kwills256
11-28-2006, 05:46 AM
I like your table texture, but I kind of wish you would spread out your objects more. The sword needs a little more shine on it - it doesn't quite look 'metal' yet. The stone stairs don't blend into the floor very well though.