PDA

View Full Version : newbie starter question

pow
11-22-2006, 12:06 PM
Greetings: I am considering a purchase of Lightwave and have downloaded the demo. My use of this will be to import a file, then take to 3d model. Is there a starter document somewhere to get me past the baby steps? I tried to import a .ai, eps, jpg, unsuccessfully. Missing something very basic, obviously. I'm looking for the dummy version of Step 1, do this, Step 2, then do this. I saw this page:http://register.newtek.com/Downloads.aspx but many of the links are giving me error messages. Much thanks for patience.

Sekhar
11-22-2006, 12:28 PM
When you say import an image for a 3D model, do you mean converting the imported (vector) image to a 3D model or using the (raster) image to texture the 3D model?

For the vector images (AI, EPS), use the File->Import->EPSF Loader (remember to save AI/EPS files in the AI 8 version). For raster images, you can use Image Editor (F6).

In addition to the manual, this forum has excellent set of info - I'd use Search extensively. I learned most of whatever I know that way.

pow
11-22-2006, 12:37 PM
Thank you... AI8 wouldn't ever have occured to me... I'll save file down and try. Thx