PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave 7.5 Crashes when u make a preview

andy gee
06-15-2003, 02:20 PM
Hello Everybody

I am having a major problem with lightwave 7.5

I recently perchased it with 5 training DVDs I have encountered this problem before with a copied version of 7.5 But this surprised me considering it is a genuine version. The problem is that I can not make a preview In Layout without it Crashing. I go to make preview press ok then it crashes.

Can anybody shed some light on this problem?? ( I am running windows XP Pro) is there a patch to fix this kind of problem ??

If anyone can help then that would be great !!!

Cheers

Andy Gee:confused: :( :mad:

rabid pitbull
06-16-2003, 10:51 AM
maybe you are having problems with some files loaded when you had a cracked version. :mad: who knows what you may have loaded onto your machine when you did that.

my advise is to wipe the hard drive, reinstall the os, and software, and of course not using warez.......:rolleyes:

jevinstudios
06-30-2003, 11:12 AM
It seems that the first advise people like to give is to wipe out your hard drive and re-install the OS -- NOT!! Until you've tried less-intensive fixes, why go through the extreme hassle of completely re-configuring your entire hard drive?!? In these types of cases, I've never found the problem to be linked to a faulty OS......

I've had the same problem in the past with LightWave, and found it to be linked to the video card driver/Open GL (ATI Fire GL cards are known for this problem, as are combinations of the ATI Fire GL and Dell Precision Workstations). Download and install the latest driver for your video card from the manufacturer, then see if that fixes the problem. If not, remove the LW config files completely from your drive, then re-start LightWave (which will reset the configs to default).

If you still have the problem after both of those fixes, I would then try a complete removal of LightWave from your system (including all config files), reboot, then install LightWave from the NewTek-issued disk from scratch. Re-boot again (I always reboot after a major software installation) if it doesn't already prompt you to do so after installation, then try the preview.

If all that doesn't work, I'd then call NewTek tech support for further suggestions.

jevinstudios
06-30-2003, 09:48 PM
Is there actually a 7.5d already? I've only seen 7.5c posted as a download..... NT might as well just wait and launch [8] at this point (and subsequently a bunch of minor fixes after that, too....).

mattclary
07-01-2003, 06:01 AM
There is no 7.5d and probably won't be.

Andy, delete all lw*.cfg files (or at least rename them), if that doesn't fix it, update your video drivers. Half a million other LightWavers aren't having this problem, so a patch probably isn't necessary.