PDA

View Full Version : Modern Temple

Iain
11-21-2006, 06:34 AM
Just a quick exercise in using Linear Lights for fill lighting.

Budda model downloaded from archidom.net free resource site.

oDDity
11-21-2006, 07:14 AM
Looks convincing to me, apart from the BG image, which I'm sure you just threw on for speed.

starbase1
11-21-2006, 07:20 AM
Interesting site - is the content there legit?

Mind you, they have the ugliest graphic I have ever seen for a 404 error!
http://www.archidom.net/gone.htm

Iain
11-21-2006, 07:27 AM
Interesting site - is the content there legit?

As far as I know, yes. A few people I know have been using their stuff for a while.

anim8r
11-21-2006, 08:06 AM
Looks ****ed realistic to me. :thumbsup:

The only thing that bothers me is the concrete things that you can see through the window. I think blurring them will give a better sense of DOF and match the background image more.

Great Lighting

Iain
11-21-2006, 08:20 AM
I see what you mean anim8r and oDDity. I'll sort that out.

dxyner
11-22-2006, 01:51 AM
This is a good start. Aside from the thinfs already mentioned there are a couple issues with your structure. The first is that I think the edges are too sharp in your skylight. The rain, leaves, etc are going to fall down onto the roof and wear the hard edges more I think. The second and more noticeable issue is the texturing of the concrete. The pattern repeats too clearly, and on the window on the left the crack that runs along the wall doesn't follow around the corner at all.

You did sy though that was a lighting test, and as such I think it succedes. I am also impressed with the texturing of the Budda.

Filmdesigner
11-30-2006, 06:23 AM
Could give us the lighting set-up? Looks interesting. I have been fiddling with the spinning array in an attempt to replicate what you have here.

Fun render. Like the Buddah.

Iain
11-30-2006, 07:33 AM
The lighting set up was Backdrop Radiosity with Skylight, 3 Linear Lights at the openings, an Area Light for the sun and another to simulate the blue ambient coming straight down.

3dworks
11-30-2006, 07:52 AM
nice contemplative image! only thought: maybe a buddha temple deserves a better concrete quality... also, if nitpicking, a slight problem with alpha masking, there is a bit of an aliased seam visible.

markus

Iain
11-30-2006, 09:58 AM
Yup you're right Markus.
I did a cleaner version with a different non-tiling concrete material and I didn't like the lighting (can't remember changing the light settings!) so I'm done with this one now :)