PDA

View Full Version : Important question

Exception
11-18-2006, 11:25 PM
What should I have for dinner?

Oh it's 1:25 am.

Jim_C
11-18-2006, 11:31 PM
I believe the first thought of many would be the questionable 'Hot Pocket'.

I suggest microwave mac and cheese in one of those cardboard peel back containers.

hazmat777
11-18-2006, 11:36 PM
Top Ramen and Extra Sour Rye toast.

Speedmonk42
11-18-2006, 11:42 PM
I just discovered that the $1.50/slice pizza place is WAY WAY WAY better than the $1.25/slice pizza place.

GandB
11-19-2006, 06:21 AM
As long as you've got some tortilla shells, you can toss most anything in it. Otherwise:

Breakfast Bagel

-Put a bagel in the toaster (don't start toasting it yet)

-Spray Pam (or some kind of cooking spray) into a regular bowl; crack a single egg in the bowl (be sure to break up the yolk). Add spices to the egg if you wish. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap (poke a hole or two in it). Cook it in the Microwave for approx. 1min. 20sec.

-Start toasting the bagel as soon as you start cooking the egg.

-When the egg is done, remove it (careful, it's HOT!)

-Put a piece of meat (I like the 1 minute pre-cooked sausage patties/frozen) on a folded paper towel; place it on a plate, and cook for 1 minute.

-Your bagel should be done. Place the cooked egg on the bottom half of the bagel.

-Place a slice of cheese on top of the egg.

-When your meat is cooked, place it on top of the cheese.

-Put the top of the bagel on everything.

-Enjoy.:)

-Keith

Exception
11-19-2006, 08:45 AM
Wow, what a nice recipe...

Let me convolute my problem, besides the time of night I am always asking myself this question....

I'm vegetarian...
I'm in school, so no toaster, no microwave. We have a watercooler with hot and cold water though. And I have soy sauce.

:)

Bog
11-19-2006, 08:53 AM
Get a cucumber. Core out the squishy bit. Stuff the hollow core with carrot batons and the occasional jalapeno. Slice into half-inch disks, eat with cream cheese.

Mmm.

ted
11-19-2006, 10:29 AM
Two options:
1. Frosted flakes.
2. Eat some meat. It's good for you and opens a lot more options like Taco Bell! :D

Exception
11-19-2006, 10:34 AM
Two options:
1. Frosted flakes.

Sweet!

2. Eat some meat. It's good for you and opens a lot more options like Taco Bell! :D

No, thanks, I like the world with green trees, butterflies and people in it for a while more.

I think I'll be going for the cucumber!
Where to get the Jalapenos?

liquidpope
11-19-2006, 11:24 AM
I'll never be a vegetarian, and here's why...

1. Animals have eaten other animals since the very dawn of animals.
2. People are animals.

In case you're wondering, yes, I would eat people. :devil: :D

Bog
11-19-2006, 11:47 AM
Seeing as the cow ate grass, then I eat the cow, that makes me a second-stage vegetarian ;)

Side note: I make a point of laughing at any vegetarian who owns any item of leather (wallet, belt, shoes, jacket, anything a-tall) and maintains that they're a vegetarian for moral reasons.

Great^204 Granddaddy Thak and Great^204 Grandmommy Ug worked hard for us to be at the top of the food chain, though. I'm not going to dishonour their memories by throwing all their effort away.

Exception
11-19-2006, 11:57 AM
I'll never be a vegetarian, and here's why...

1. Animals have eaten other animals since the very dawn of animals.
2. People are animals.

In case you're wondering, yes, I would eat people. :devil: :D

Oh I love these 'I won't be a vegetarian because of XYZ'.

Meat is bad for the environment we live in. It is, among with overpopulation, and our energy consumption, pissing on the bed we sleep in. It is also, like recycling, a very easy thing you can do yourself, and is much more significant for the environment than recycling, using public transport or turning off the lights.

I have no issue whatsoever with animals being killed for consumption, from a moral stand point. And I have always been a great meat eater. But pretending meat is not tremendously bad for the environment is like pretending smoking has nothing to do with lung cancer. And yes, I smoke. But I know it's bad for me, it is my choice. I don't smoke in the vincinity of others who might not want to inhale the smoke. Eating meat is bad for everyone, except for me, therefore I don't do it, since it isn't the choice for all, and it's an easy choice for me. I live healthier now too.

:)

Telling a vegetarian you love eating meat is like telling mother Theresa you love hitting orphans.
;)

liquidpope
11-19-2006, 12:05 PM
I would eat Mother Theresa and 3, no 5 orphans. Small ones.

Exception
11-19-2006, 12:05 PM
Oooh, fell into the edit-limit...
That last line should have read environmental-vegetarian.
Also, I must say, in favor of the moral-vegetarian, sure killing an animal for consumption is fine... stuffing them full of hormones, melting off their beaks, curring off their tails, letting them bite eachother to death, letting them stand on sharp metal grating, cramming them in trucks so a tenth of them die, and so on, is not particularly something I support.

It's always funny to see people pet their dog, give them a cuddle, and then go an get a McDonalds hamburger.

Exception
11-19-2006, 12:07 PM
I would eat Mother Theresa and 3, no 5 orphans. Small ones.

That's fine with me. 6 less humans in the world, less pollution. And you couldn't eat animals while you were at it, so that saved at least 10 tonnes of carbon dioxide, 3 tonnes of ammonium, three acres of tropical rain forest and quite a bit of animal suffering.

Go for it! :cheers:

kopperdrake
11-19-2006, 05:39 PM
I'm sorry to pee on the parade but Mother Theresa wouldn't really be a big feat at all considering her current plight.

Now, Pope Benedict XVI, there's a mega-meal. You'd probably struggle with the orphans after that.

Exception
11-19-2006, 06:08 PM
There's a lot of peeing in this thread isn't there?

And we're talking about food!

Gross.

kopperdrake
11-19-2006, 06:21 PM
ok - in all honesty, my favourite snack is a couple of slices of rye bread, sliced cheddar on them, spread lightly with marmite and blast in the microwave for 30 seconds...mouth-watering and free from fluffy things :)

Bog
11-19-2006, 07:36 PM
Oh. as we're talking about food... ;) (http://www.various-stuff.com/hcss/recipes/pizzawich.htm)

liquidpope
11-19-2006, 08:46 PM
...so that saved at least 10 tonnes of carbon dioxide, 3 tonnes of ammonium, three acres of tropical rain forest and quite a bit of animal suffering...

You completely made up those figures, didn't you?

And as long as we're talking about food, here's a recipe for salsa -

Everybody with a fridge has an old jar of pickles in the back, yeah? So eat those last 2 pickles, but save the jar and the juice.
Every time you have spaghetti or any other saucy food with tomato and onion bits in it, rinse your plates out in the sink. The sink strainer catches all the bits, so put them in the pickle jar. In three or four months, you've got a big ol' jar of Hobo Salsa.

You're welcome.

Verlon
11-20-2006, 12:44 AM
Jack in the bx Tacos---37 of them :D

oh, you're vegentarian---grass....vegetarians eat grass, don't they?

Seriously, not eating meat and smoking is like not smoking and playing russian roulette.

umstitch
11-20-2006, 04:29 AM
..meeting with my old boss today, for lunch, he always had bagels, religiously, for dinner..consequently i had bagels too..

zapper1998
11-20-2006, 04:40 AM
Swedish Crepes...with strawberrys

lilrayray77
11-20-2006, 06:14 AM
ok - in all honesty, my favourite snack is a couple of slices of rye bread, sliced cheddar on them, spread lightly with marmite and blast in the microwave for 30 seconds...mouth-watering and free from fluffy things :)

My first encounter with marmite made me cringe :D .

kopperdrake
11-20-2006, 06:17 AM
You should go for a second encounter now your taste-buds have been obliterated ;)

Exception
11-20-2006, 06:22 AM
You completely made up those figures, didn't you?

No, I accurately calculated the nutricious content of mother theresa and the 5 orphans, then translated that to slabs of walmart meat, and did the math. Easy! :)

Seriously, not eating meat and smoking is like not smoking and playing russian roulette.

Except that russian roulette was never good for the world we trot about upon.

*trot*

Verlon
11-20-2006, 04:34 PM
Depending on whose playing, it could be better than smoking :P

Advantages of russian roulette over smoking

1) removes lunatics from our environment faster than lung cancer and emphesema combined

2) virtually no second hand smoke

3) less taxpayer burden as the lunatic does not die a slow and prolonged death incurring millions of dollars in expenses that most cannot afford to pay.

4) russian roulette creates plant fertilizer faster

5) initial cost of ownership can help deter marketing to 12 year old children

6) russian roulette is not addictive

7) russian roulette doesn't smell as bad

8) people playing russian rouleete can not make idiotic statements like "Russian roulette is actually quite healthy. My doctor says I should do it more often"

9) Shell casings are recylcable, cigareete butts are not

10) We could use all that tobacco farmland to grow food or cotton--eventually for the people smart enough not to smoke OR play russian roulette

Exception
11-20-2006, 04:36 PM
10) We could use all that tobacco farmland to grow food or cotton--eventually for the people smart enough not to smoke OR play russian roulette

So true!

<g>

T-Light
11-20-2006, 06:10 PM
Bog, your "The Patented Mark Hennessy-Barrett Pizzawich" sounds a beauty, Can you use red and green pre-sliced jalapenos in vinegar or do they have to be fresh?. Living up here in the wooly backs, there aren't as many fresh jalapeno sellers as you might think.

Which brings me onto another point.

Exception, Eat Jalapeno Poppers, virtualy pure veggie food (If you discount the cheese). Might have to look around for them though, last time I saw one in the wild was in a bar in Bradenton, FL, and even they don't sell them anymore.

Bog
11-20-2006, 06:11 PM
Brent, I did make it clear that the vinegared, jarred and indeed pre-sliced peppers are fine.

Just do what feels good, mate. We ain't the boss o'you. :)

hrgiger
11-20-2006, 07:12 PM
I think every human on earth ought to have a human for dinner tomorrow night. We'll hit the graveyards if we have to.

T-Light
11-21-2006, 07:32 AM
Bog -

Brent, I did make it clear that the vinegared, jarred and indeed pre-sliced peppers are fine.
Eee, no yah didn't...

Good handful of wafer-thin smoked ham
Jalapeno peppers, sliced
Black Olives, sliced
There you go, caught out telling porkies:D, how many millions of Northern Brits are missing out because you didn't add 'or pickled jalapenos' to the actual recipe. :D

OK, serious question, what's the difference between red and green, Up until the other week I thought they only came in 'green' flavour?

ps Have a jar of each but just too lazy to walk three feet to the fridge, walk another three feet to get a fork etc.

Bog
11-21-2006, 08:24 AM
I am caught in my terrible, awful lies. I am shamed. (Could have sworn I mentioned that the Old El Paso style ones (sliced, in a jar) work well).

Anyhooooo... I'm only particularly familiar with the green style, which have thick crunchy rims and about as much flavour as heat. The red ones?

Well... I don't know, mate. I honestly don't. You could try them... but I don't know what would happen. I don't feel comfortable with that responsibility, without having all the facts. Anything could happen - or nothing could happen.

Whatever you decide, Brent. Via con dios.

Tzan
11-21-2006, 09:52 AM
Speaking of food, I just found out what Yorkshire Pudding is... yikes.

T-Light
11-21-2006, 11:29 AM
Yorkshire Pudding? Flour+Milk+stuff??? Are you thinking of Black pudding? Now there's something you don't want to know the recipe for (Unless of course you enjoy a lot of raw blood)

Mark, I needed the excersize and did the marathon run to the fridge, both colours have the hot symbol on the jars,
green=typical green flavour
red=not as crunchy, softer flavour - maybe sweeter and a slow heat, in fact, not as hot as green.

That's my take on it with my rather limited palette (three working tastebuds + an extra that kicks in about mid week)

Tzan
11-21-2006, 12:11 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yorkshire_pudding

Basically a breadish thing soaking with melted meat fat.

T-Light
11-21-2006, 12:27 PM
:D That's the classic furred artery recipe.:D

Girlfriend uses self raising flour+milk+water in a teflon dish - no fat or grease. You can even buy them now precooked in little packets :)

hrgiger
11-21-2006, 12:35 PM
As far as the meat vs. non-meat eating perspectives, here's my take.

We have teeth for grinding flesh and eating plants so either we were supposed to eat meat or we're on our way out of eating meat through some evolution.

For the time being, cows are beautiful creatures with the large bovine eyes and gentle nature. However, they have a large evolutionary weakness (They're super tasty with A-1 sauce).

I do agree though that people should eat a lot less meat. A lot of land is deforested to meet the worlds huge demand for meat and meat products. Not to mention it rots your rectum out with a big ol dose of colon cancer.

I am about halfway down the middle with most of my meat being poultry with the occasional tasty A-1 slathered cow slab.

T-Light
11-22-2006, 03:08 PM
hrgiger -

We have teeth for grinding flesh and eating plants so either we were supposed to eat meat or we're on our way out of eating meat through some evolution.
Which is it though?
We may have been bovine's 200,000 years ago then we turned meaty???, we have subcutanious fat, which is a bit weird to say the least, that's reserved mainly for our seafaring relative's (wales, dolphins, etc), so where are we on the food chain? could be either way.

My view is we're either heading towards branch eating utopian leaf seaking chewers, ie Exception, or we're turning into blood thirsty meat suckers ie you, me and Bog.

I need to know!!! Friday's coming and I have a curry to order:D

Verlon
11-22-2006, 03:42 PM
Maybe the plant grinding teeth are on their way out :P

We seem to be getting more bloodthirsty. We have certainly become more inventive in our ways to extract blood. I mean really, these days a Blood and Tissue center calls me every 56 days asking for the stuff. Even Ghengis Khan normally only bothered his victims once or twice. There's no satisfying the Blood and Tissue Center. They even tell you up front "we always need more of your blood type."

T-Light
11-22-2006, 03:48 PM
Verlon -

They even tell you up front "we always need more of your blood type."
Do they tell you this via email? I'd be worried, I've seen 'Blade', know what I mean?

T-Light
11-22-2006, 05:00 PM
OK Chaps, got a curry before me,

do I...
a) Add more?
b) leave as is and eat

Depends what forums are up to this evening, personaly, I'm going for a)

Hahahhahah, toughy to you bovines:):):)

Ok, I may be a tad drunk :)