PDA

View Full Version : DFX+... deal of the century!

Doug Nicola
06-14-2003, 10:36 AM
Well, I'm completely blown away. This is way more than I would have expected. Here's the complete list of components that comes with the DFX+ deal. And these are powerful components. I posted this elsewhere, but I wanted to make sure everyone saw this. Tools grouped by category:

Color
-Brightness/Contrast
-Channel Booleans
-Color Gain
-Color Space
-Pseudo Color

Composite
-Dissolve
-Merge

Depth
-Depth Blur
-Fog
-Shader
-Texture

Filter
-Blur/Sharpen
-Custom Filter
-Directional Blur
-Erode/Dilate
-Filter
-Glow
-Grain
-Highlight
-Hot Spot
-Unsharp Mask

Loader/Creator
-Background
-FastNoise
-Loader
-Mandelbrot
-Perlin
-Plasma
-Text
-Text+

Macro
(none)

Matte
-Chroma Keyer
-Luma Keyer
-Matte Control

Miscellaneous
-Custom Tool
-RunCommand
-Shadow
-Time Speed
-Trails

Output
-Saver

Tracking
-Corner Tracker
-Single Tracker
-Stabilize
-Tracker

Transform
-Camera Shake
-Crop
-DVE
-Letterbox
-Resize
-Scale
-Transform

Warp
-Coordinate Space
-Corner Positioner
-Deform
-Dent
-Displace
-Drip
-Grid Warp
-Vortex

To really get a feel for what these tools can do, I would strongly recommend downloading the Digital Fusion demo, and seeing what they are all about.

cresshead
06-14-2003, 11:34 AM
are you sure?

""Matte
-Chroma Keyer
-Luma Keyer ""

are these included in digital fusion +???

i thought that the keyers were an additional module you have to pay extra for?

were you/are you looking at digital fusion demo or the shipping digital fusion +????

they are not the same product..........

any clarifacation would help.

steve g

Doug Nicola
06-14-2003, 11:52 AM
YES!!! Chroma and Luma keyers ARE INCLUDED!!! I was surprised to see these are actually part of the DFX+ base package. Eyeon doesn't give you enough details on their site! The Keying Module is for ADDITIONAL keying possibilities. See the following screenshots for proof:

Doug Nicola
06-14-2003, 11:53 AM
And THIS:

Doug Nicola
06-14-2003, 11:58 AM
Further info:

This is a complete, boxed package with nice thick manuals and a Courseware DVD.

Also:

DFX+ includes the full version of the After Effects plugin adapter. So whatever AE plugs you can get your hands on, as well as this amazing deal... I'm super happy, to say the least! :) :D :cool:

Everything I listed is in there, for sure!! I've got the shipping DFX+ deal installed and running.

(Edited: I had said "Courseware CD" It's actually a DVD, with a companion book. The first 13 chapters of the Courseware are also on CD. And the whole thing is also on CD in PDF.)

cresshead
06-14-2003, 12:54 PM
WOWwow !!!!!!!

well that just about seals it for me...even though i have combustion 1 & 2 [which are great btw] looks like i need to find some cash n quick!...

as you may have read else where i have a few concerns about the future of combustion...

so a move to fusion could be a good one..esp. at this price point.

steve g

Psyhke
06-14-2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by cresshead
so a move to fusion could be a good one..esp. at this price point.

You mean free? Yeah that's a pretty good price point.:D

(I'm planning on getting this before it expires, too).

Bytehawk
06-16-2003, 07:04 PM
ok that sells me, ordering tomorrow.

Wade
06-16-2003, 11:19 PM
I am in - in a few days. Will only up grade one license at the moment. Then later the others so I can get the manual and box not that I have ever read the whole thing for 6 - to 7.5 yet.;)

Wade:cool:

KOlson
06-20-2003, 10:10 PM
Awesome deal!! Ordered today :)

mgrusin
06-21-2003, 11:25 AM
I must have missed something - is this a Newtek or Eyeon offer? Linkage?

Edit: <emily littella>Never mind!</emily littella> :rolleyes:

Thanks! -MG

petermark
06-21-2003, 03:02 PM
I ordered just before I read this! I'm still on LW 6.5, so I'll get a really good deal out of this! I'm using AE Pro right now and love it, I use it all the time. But I'm always looking to get more/better software if I can and this seems like a really good chance! Thanks Newtek and Eyeon!

I'm VERY happy to hear that it does come with Chroma-Key! I was worried about that. I can't wait for my copy to arrive in the mail!

Beamtracer
06-22-2003, 01:09 AM
The Deal Of The Century will come when we get Shake bundled with Lightwave!

TyVole
06-22-2003, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by Beamtracer
The Deal Of The Century will come when we get Shake bundled with Lightwave!

At $5,000 per license, Shake might be asking just a little too much.

But what bundling LightWave with Combustion? It works on both Apple and PC, it's cheaper than DFX+, and seems -- at least from a novice's viewpoint -- to be far more feature rich than DFX+.

Of course, unlike Eyeon, Discreet is a competitor.

Wade
06-30-2003, 02:07 PM
Just placed the order with two hours to go!:)

Psyhke
06-30-2003, 02:28 PM
Just got mine in under the wire, too. :cool:

-EsHrA-
07-01-2003, 07:18 AM
jah, me too :)

Cheers,

-EsH-

KOlson
07-01-2003, 08:01 AM
Woohoo! It's here! It's here! Time to play :D

Neil_Campbell
07-01-2003, 11:12 AM
Already having an established workflow with AFX, I neither need nor want DFX - so I've decided not to go for this deal.

And to be honest, instead of bundling a cut down compositor with an unseen / unspecced upgrade which may or may not ship this year, I'd prefer NewTek did a halfway decent job of its PSD, AFX and multipass export filters from Layout and made an interim release. I know more frequent releases is where NewTek claims it's going with LW, just like VT, but it's a real shame it's taken so long to think about it and even longer to enact it.

Having said that, all power to those of you that have splashed the cash on this upgrade - hopefully that will make NewTek feel a little more comfortable spending money on making LW8 a decent upgrade that more of us will be interested in.

But until I actually see the features in 8, working somewhat more reliably than has been seen of recent releases, and assuming these new features actually add something to my own workflow, I'm sitting tight with 7.5