PDA

View Full Version : Calling all UK & Europe LW customers still waiting for their v9 CDs

11-16-2006, 08:18 AM
Hi Everyone.

Unfortunately it appears that not everyone in the UK & Europe that is entitled to the Free LW9 CD's has received them yet. This simply wont do.....
As a reseller we take pride in our service to you our customers (if we didn't we would have been out of business years ago) this is why I'm making this post.

Any users that purchased LW 8.5 Vue 5 offer with a free up grade to LW 9 or the Pre order 9 Upg with Vue 5 between the 1st July & the 31st December that have NOT received their CD's and still want them, please please please email us with your LW serial number and your current address details. We will then make the request on Newtek Europe for the Cd's to be shipped direct to you. Regardless of who you purchased from we don't mind as long as your in the UK or Europe.
Sorry we would love to help the US customers as well, but you will get a better response time if you call or e-mail NT US support. (time dif can be a killer sometimes)

This is the same service we offered our customers during the Pre LW 8 upgrades which being honest was more of a mess than the LW9 release.

Now i bet your thinking why don't you just check your records and send that info to Newtek !! Well to be honest how do we know you have not moved house/office between now and then? also not every customer supplies there e-mail address (phone orders mainly) or they may have supplied a mobile number that has now been disconnected. We Just Don't Know !!!
What about Newtek Europe's records? i here you say well the above also applies plus with the added complexity of the customers that forgot to register their new serial number so don't have an upgrade record !!

So my final point is if you want your CD's and you purchased between the dates email [email protected] with the subject "LW9 CD's" with your name, address and Lightwave serial number and we will do the rest.

Rest assured you will get them if you are entitled, we just need to know where you are now !

Onevideo is researching into ways of improving this service in future.
for example 3DS Max 9 is not shipped with the manuals, to get your manuals you have to return a registration card found in the DVD box.
I think a similar system would work with LW pre order free upgrades.

Let me know what you think ! and send us those emails !

Regards
Sym

11-16-2006, 11:01 AM
Dam Just noticed the Typo on the thread title it should read
Calling all UK & Europe LW customers still waiting for their LW 9 Cd's

Bytehawk
11-16-2006, 11:51 AM
LOL, no I want my 9 cd's instead. Don't matter what's on them, make it a surprise. :) Don't cha just love the 2 minute timeframe for editing.

Seriously,

You are one of the BEST company's I have done business with and won't hesitate to work with you again. This post just proves my point.

Cheers,

kopperdrake
11-16-2006, 12:00 PM
Same goes - you guys sorted my missing CDs out too - thanks :)

Stewdent101
11-16-2006, 04:01 PM
same here email just sent

cresshead
11-16-2006, 06:37 PM
email sent!

FHL
11-17-2006, 03:15 AM
Hello,
Thank you Symeon.
I recommand that European LightWave users contact NewTek Europe directly for the fastest possible delivery of their LightWave 9 CD/DVD pack.
The LightWave 9 Free CD/DVD pack can also be obtained through the dealer you purchased LightWave from.

Franck Lafage
Managing Director
NewTek Europe
www.newtek-europe.com

11-17-2006, 08:38 AM
Hey Guys we have another correction !

Any users that purchased LW 8.5 Vue 5 offer with a free up grade to LW 9 or the Pre order 9 Upg with Vue 5 between the 1st July & the 31st December 2005

Please Note 2005

That will teach me for not proof reading ! thanks to Carole @ Newtek Europe for noticing it !

Sorry
Sym

DiedonD
11-20-2006, 04:26 AM
SO why is it so important to have the CD's in the first place. Its the content that matters to me. And you do download that from the site. Im just curious, whats with that urge? You have resellers and Newtek Europe saying "Hey order from me, not from the other", and most of , if not all already have v9 downloaded, I mean whats the big fuss.

cresshead
11-20-2006, 04:59 AM
well i've only got the app downloaded and installed so hacving the content on cd would be good also i only downloaded pc version so i'll have the mac version on disc too....maybe i'm lazy but i didn't go get all the zips downloaded..and after paying for a product it would be nice to have the install discs on a shelf somewhere!