PDA

View Full Version : What is this?

intofx
11-15-2006, 05:37 PM
I'm rendering a sequence on my dual 2.0 Mac G5. The animation has an embedded alpha channel. Antialiasing is set to 9. On pass 8a the green screen-like pattern begins to appear. Less than 9 passes and it does not. The render display says "rendering opaque polygons" when it happens. This happens on only a few frames (20 or so) in the sequence. Tried the same sequence on my 1.8 G5 with the same result. Any suggestion on how to get rid of this or why it is happening?

http://www.z06vette.com/gallery/uploads/3404/AHFTH_pic.jpg

Matt

Exception
11-15-2006, 05:50 PM
Have you looked at the model and tried to find duplicate faces?
Could you post the model and scene for us to look at?

intofx
11-16-2006, 11:35 AM
Have you looked at the model and tried to find duplicate faces?
Could you post the model and scene for us to look at?

I don't think duplicate faces are the issue. It's strange how the issue only appears in the later antialiasing passes.

Matt

Dave Jerrard
11-16-2006, 12:15 PM
What's going on on the frame immediately before this one? You're using Dithered Motion Blur, which will be calculated backwards to the previous frame. Is something snapping in or out of existence before this frame or a drastic lighting change occuring?

He Who Thinks You Might Have A Key Set On The Previous Frame For Something.

intofx
11-16-2006, 12:20 PM
The frame before it is clear with no odd lighting moves or strange key frames. I'm changing the motion blur on the problem frames to see if that clears anything up. Thanks.

matt

intofx
11-16-2006, 12:28 PM
**Update - same issue with normal and no motion blurring - the green is just not dithered now.

Matt

intofx
11-16-2006, 12:38 PM
**Update to the Update - Frames seem to render fine in 8.5.

Matt

Phil
11-16-2006, 01:48 PM
If nothing else, send representative content to [email protected] (or post it here if you can). I'd also recommend joining the 9.2 OpenBeta and finding out whether your issue still exists in the current OpenBeta release. If so, there's even more reason to consider making a bug report. Let's not give the dev team any excuse to ship bugs in 9.2 ;)

cboohake
12-06-2006, 06:25 PM
did you ever solve this problem? could this have anything to do with the ray recursion limit setting?

toby
12-08-2006, 12:08 PM
Are you using any Shaders, like BRDF? That causes artifacts when used with raytrace reflection.
And what kind of camera are you using, have you tried both Classic and Perspective?

Engelbrite
12-11-2006, 03:26 PM
Are you using an NTSC legalize filter? It look a lot like what happened to me using that plug-in.

intofx
12-14-2006, 12:57 PM
The solution was not using 9.0. There were no filters or plug-ins used. The scene opened and rendered fine in 8.5. Who knows - it just sucks that I can't rely on 9.0.

Matt

toby
12-14-2006, 11:35 PM
Last question - for the sake of getting LW[9] fixed - were there any settings that you used that were exclsuive to LW[9]? i.e. Perspective camera, nodes, etc.?

And If there's any way you can send the scene and objects to Chilton (the Mac guy at NT) he would appreciate it!