PDA

View Full Version : PolyTrans

shrox
11-15-2006, 01:43 PM
Does anyone have experience with PolyTrans they can share? I am wondering how well it handles converting a LWS file and the LWOs it uses into a Max scene. I have LW9 and Max8.

Thanks.

Red_Oddity
11-15-2006, 01:47 PM
Hmmm...forget Polytrans, it does work, but a better solution (and alot cheaper) is PointOven 1.5 from EF9 : http://www.ef9.com/ef9/PO1.5/PointOven_15.html

MiniFireDragon
11-16-2006, 09:58 AM
Google Accutrans

MicroMouse
11-16-2006, 09:59 PM
AccuTrans is available at http://www.micromouse.ca/

It does not support LWS files yet. Just one of many items to do.

If you go with PolyTrans, you also have to purchase a plugin for use with Max.

Wayne

Wickster
11-17-2006, 12:08 AM
hi wayne, does accutrans supports UV reading/writing for maya .ma files? I'm in collaboration with a friend who uses maya exclusively and we've been trying to find a solution to exchange assets.

also if support for weights, rigs are planned for the future. thanks.

JamesCurtis
11-17-2006, 10:08 AM
"If you go with PolyTrans, you also have to purchase a plugin for use with Max." - Wayne

I got Polytrans several years ago and the Max Plugin did not cost me extra then, of course that could have changed!!

BTW, I like Polytrans a lot!! Even my unupdated version works well. Haven't had a need to update [or the $100+ it cost though].

I won my Polytrans in a giveaway on 3dcafe years ago!!

MicroMouse
11-17-2006, 05:24 PM
AccuTrans does NOT read Maya .ma files.

AccuTrans writes UV coordinates for the color channel to .ma files.

One company using AccuTrans exports from Maya to VRML files instead of using OBJ files.

No plans for weights and rigs at this time.

I thought the Polytrans plugin for Max had a price on it but I could be mistaken.

Wayne

t4d
11-17-2006, 09:41 PM
Does anyone have experience with PolyTrans they can share? I am wondering how well it handles converting a LWS file and the LWOs it uses into a Max scene. I have LW9 and Max8.

Thanks.

I have polytrans for inventor convertion and it works well.

it will not convert Max files unless you have Max installed ( you do )
so i think you will enjoy the program as much as I do =)

( I only use it for Object convertion NO animation )

I also have point oven for working with Messiah and XSI and YES that is a good options it works with lwo & Mdd files and does a fine job. ( this may do it for you

Polytrans works with Rig data and bones
( NOT mesh deformation data as per mdd ) so you "could" by the look of it convert rigs looking at the doc's

But I must add I'm not too sure how good it is,.. I tried afew LW rigs to XSI and it does not load up into Polytrans too well ( a mess really )
so best check the demo ;)