PDA

View Full Version : Infinity Speakers

zent29
11-15-2006, 10:06 AM
This is part of an exercise to work on my engineering and technical modeling. All comments and crits are welcome. :)

Aquilon
11-15-2006, 02:12 PM
some strange looking cones ? no basket on the woofers (cones directlly attached to the baffle?), a multi-curved dustcap ..... i haven't seen an Infinity speakers since a very long time but these are some weird looking speakers

Dave Jerrard
11-16-2006, 09:46 AM
Beautiful renders. I agree about the woofer though. I'm not an Infinity owner myself (Polk owner here), and I haven't looked at any Infinity speakers in a long time, so I'm not sure how accurate the modeling is, but the surfacing, lighting and rendering is nice. Did you forget to turn on smoothing for the woofers or is that they way they really look?

He Who Has Seen Some Pretty Strange Looking Speakers.

zent29
11-22-2006, 08:45 PM
Aquilon: Yes your correct the model is not totally accurate. I actually used a speaker I found online, which didn't give me enough visual reference. I plan to redo the front of the speaker. :agree:

Dave: Thanks for the kind words, I am also a Polk owner, and have never studied speakers until this project. I Screwed the front of the speaker, and didnít notice until Aquilon pointed out. As for the smoothing errors, I think I have the subdivisions set to low. 8/

Aquilon
11-23-2006, 04:30 AM
Hi,

if you want i can send you some pics of speakerunits (woofers and tweeters) and some drawings. Great for reference :-)

Just call me ..... :-) (or send a mail or something)

Bart