PDA

View Full Version : any Boston user groups out there?

JETKWON
06-13-2003, 07:10 PM
the last one I knew of was dis-memberred:mad:

JETKWON.

TOXIC-3D
06-17-2003, 09:36 PM
I had just found out about the Boston Lightwave group,... Bamm,... the next month I get my first newsletter from the head'or'up'or'or telling me that they cancelled the usergroup for Lightwave and replaced it with a usergroup for Maya,.. I believe it was. Do to the school swapping Lightwave for Maya in their animation department... the blasfemiers...

To be honest with you I had begun doing my rec'room over in hopes of maybe starting a new usergroup, but then my wife had to go an have a set of twins on me and screwed the whole thing up... Now we're in the middle of having an addition put up and everything that was in the garage is currently in the Lightwave Usergroup meeting area...

Anyway,... If a new group is setup I'd appreciate the hook'up...

Jim...

TyVole
06-19-2003, 05:43 AM
I would be interested, too.

JETKWON
06-29-2003, 03:26 PM
That there are no lightwavers in Boston area???

They have to be somewhere, if anyone wants to try to put one together, let me know, I know there out there.......

-"if you search for them, you will find them."

JETKWON. :D

TOXIC-3D
07-06-2003, 10:49 PM
" Is there anybody out,.. there...? "

I'll admit that I too believe, or would like to believe that Lightwave is popular enough that one might be able to safetly ***'ume there would be several Usergroups throughout the country and or world... But unless someone can give me an excuse that makes sence its seems to me that the "Users" of the said, "User'groups" have decided that its more important to keep their groups to themselves... I've had Lightwave 7.5 for about a year now I believe,.. and I've have posted one posting after another to various "Lightwave" as well as "Non-Lightwave" (directly use) 3d sites about Usergroups in the New England area... and out of the only "2" I have ever been able to find, one of them cancelled its group in favor of Maya as I had stated in my earlier posting... And one in Conneticut... And their website hasn't been updated in over 2 years... And I've yet to recieve any replies to the 3 or 4 emails that I've sent them...

Its sad really... Before I purchased Lightwave I had this impression that the Lightwave community out there was friendly and tight... But if there "are" any usergroups out there,... their keeping to themselves... Its kindof funny to... I've found 3D Studio Max Usergroups in almost every state in the country... And sometimes multiple groups... Whats with the Lightwave'rs out there..?

Jim