PDA

View Full Version : 3d model sony hd professional camcorder

Liquid Ice Ent.
11-13-2006, 11:52 AM
Hi,
If any of you can help to point us to a free 3d model for a sony HD camcorder
it would be greatly appreciated. We have the opportunity to do a TV commercial and continue to build our credibility as a budding business. We need to get it done quickly and would greatly appreciate any help anyone can give us.

I am old to this group, but new to it as of late. Approximately 8 years ago when I did use the LW lists I never had any problems getting any help from the group. I have asked twice for help and for some reason we need help of late because we are having some trouble getting the answers to our questions on our own. Even if we need to be pointed in the right direction to solve our problems.

If all of the numerous members there on the LW lists don't have this 3d model or know where to find a free one, I am sorry that I bothered any of you. I'm well aware I am new to the group, and that you are busy.

We have genuinely tried to do what we can for ourselves first.
Thanks,
Renn Reed

kmaas
11-13-2006, 01:42 PM
I can't say I've ever seen one before, even for sale. Sorry for not being more helpful, but I suppose at least it's a response.

T-Light
11-13-2006, 01:58 PM
Which one? (not that I'm in a position to help here though)

There's the new Sony HVR-V1U and the older HDR-FX1.

Have you tried contacting Sony?

cresshead
11-13-2006, 02:10 PM
i had a quick look over on turbosquid and no sony Hd camcorders there...either free or for sale..obviously not that much demand for them...you may be best served by either starting to model it yourself or searching for a 3d modelr who can be contracted to build the model for you for a reasonable fee for the time needed to build it.

oDDity
11-13-2006, 02:29 PM
Yes, a helpful community is one thing, but a community where you can expect to get a free model of anything you desire, is a bit presumptuous.

Liquid Ice Ent.
11-13-2006, 02:54 PM
Oddity,
This Msg By The Way Is Only In Defense Of The Fact That None Of You Know Us. We Don't Need A Bad Wrap Because Someone Chooses To Cause Problems With Us Reading Into Us. Oddity...we Are Still Looking Elsewhere Too. Thanks So Much Everyone!

If You Read My Msg Carefully, You Would Have Noted That It Not Only Was Not Presumptuous Or That We Were Expecting To Receive A 3d Model For Free, But Actually Apologetic At Even Bothering Anyone Clearly Mentioning That We Had Gone To The Internet And Looked All Over Be It Turbosquid, Thank You Cresshead For Their Efforts. We Are Anything But Arrogant Or Expectant. Ask Anyone At Newtek And You Will Be Able To Verify This About Us.
Thanks All, Will Do.
Take Care,
Rr

Liquid Ice Ent.
11-13-2006, 02:55 PM
Oddity,
This Msg By The Way Is Only In Defense Of The Fact That None Of You Know Us. We Don't Need A Bad Wrap Because Someone Chooses To Cause Problems With Us Reading Into Us. Oddity...we Are Still Looking Elsewhere Too. Thanks So Much Everyone!

If You Read My Msg Carefully, You Would Have Noted That It Not Only Was Not Presumptuous Or That We Were Expecting To Receive A 3d Model For Free, But Actually Apologetic At Even Bothering Anyone Clearly Mentioning That We Had Gone To The Internet And Looked All Over Be It Turbosquid, And Other Sites As Well. Thank You Cresshead For Their Efforts. We Are Anything But Arrogant Or Expectant. Ask Anyone At Newtek And You Will Be Able To Verify This About Us.
Thanks All, Will Do.
Take Care,
Rr

adrian
11-14-2006, 04:32 AM
That must've taken some effort to type that with every word starting with a Capital Letter.

Hope you find what you're looking for :)

T-Light
11-14-2006, 05:30 AM
Another thought, building a camera from pictures in a brochure or from the web can be difficult at best. Why don't you find a hire outlet, hire for the day and build it with the real thing in front of you? depending on the detail required for the model (ie not 100% accurate) you should be able to create the model and take neccessary pictures for decals and refinement within the time you have.

As I say, it's just a thought. :)

MiniFireDragon
11-14-2006, 12:15 PM
www.3dcadbroswer.com has a model of a camcorder, but I doubt it is anyhting like what u are looking for. They only have a small list of sony items. Maybe u can find a close enough model and tweak it.

metahumanity
11-14-2006, 04:38 PM
Liquid, check your PM

Exception
11-14-2006, 05:14 PM
We have a 3D scanner, but it doesn't work well on matte black surfaces :\