PDA

View Full Version : Remote nodes not rendering correctly - LW9 SNII

cboohake
11-13-2006, 09:50 AM
I've got a scene with hypervoxels, particle dynamics, etc that, for some reason, is not rendering correctly on the remote nodes. I get a remnant of what the scene should look like, but it's like it's the same frame over and over. Oh, yeah - and the remote nodes skip frames too. I can run two nodes on my local Lw machine, and they don't skip frames.

I can start a render node on the LW machine (setup just like the remote nodes, referencing the same directory with the same config files), and it works fine. I've checked the plug-in directories in the config file, and everything seems okay. I've double checked all config directories, content directories, etc.

I am using UNC in my paths, so if that's a problem, I can fix it. I can map drives instead, if that would solve my problem. I haven't tried this yet, but didn't think that this could be the problem.

Any idea what's going on? I thought it was b/c they couldn't reference the plug-in directory properly, but now I'm not sure, since I get somewhat of a remnant of hypervoxel textures.

It would really help me if I could get my network rendering properly.

hdace
12-04-2006, 07:05 AM
Are your processors the same type? Procedural textures jump around if they're not identical, sometimes. Like pc could be AMD and another pc could be intel.

donny
12-04-2006, 02:09 PM
For the skipping frames if a node cannot write a file to the drive then it would appear that it skipped a frame. Go to each node and make sure it can read and write in the save location.