PDA

View Full Version : Plug in manager

lunarcamel
11-12-2006, 03:29 PM
Ok - I am starting to see the light here that LW is extremely outdated. Someone enlighten me and tell me there is a 'plug-in manager' hiding out somewhere - and don't point me to a .cfg file. :help:

Sensei
11-12-2006, 03:48 PM
Search for "Edit Plug-Ins".. In LW9 in Utilities menu..

lunarcamel
11-12-2006, 06:04 PM
Ahh yes thats right - though thats not really a manager since it doesnt toggle between on and off - just delete. :thumbsdow

Sensei
11-12-2006, 06:13 PM
You cannot turn on and off things like DLL.. LW plug-in info is just stored in database and DLL loaded when you need it (not all kind, some are permanent).. When you add 3rd party plug-in, make button for it, then delete file from disk and click button, you will see message that plug-in can't be loaded..

evenflcw
11-12-2006, 07:48 PM
Hmmm, I see some ambiguity. Could you tell us what you'd like to do more exactly and WHY?

Would you like to temporarily disable a plugin so it won't show in the interface OR would you like to disable a plugin so all applied instances of that plugin will temporarily stop running and not affect the scene?

JohnMarchant
11-12-2006, 11:34 PM
I would really like to see the plugin manager expanded a little bit. When you start lightwave and a plugin is looking for an external dll or has an error i would love to know what that plugin is. Some sort of error trapping if possible. Also some sort of tagging system within the plugin to tell it what sort of plugin it is and where to put it in the menu. Sometimes plugins are alphabetically in the list sometimes not.

I like the idea of plugins working in several versions of lightwave unlike other programs but i hope it would be possible to scan a plugin to see if it will work with the version you have.

Regards, John

mattc
11-12-2006, 11:40 PM
Ahh yes thats right - though thats not really a manager since it doesnt toggle between on and off - just delete. :thumbsdow

Why don't you just use the 'Flush unused plugins' button to unload anything you're not using?

M.

lunarcamel
11-13-2006, 06:49 AM
I'm not trying to do 'anything' that exciting - just enable/disable image savers and misc plug ins depending on my current work flow. For instance I don't want to see 20+ image format types when I choose to save an image - but I'd like an easy way to enable one when I need it but not have it auto load on the next reboot (kind of like maya)- Make sense?