PDA

View Full Version : LW9 load problems

arogg2
11-11-2006, 05:55 PM
Just wondering if anyone had any quick answers as to why LW9 layout and modeler would work fine the first week and now just hang or take like 5 mins to load. Because I constantly have things I need to do with LW, I have just been reverting to using LW8 to do things. My leaving LW8 on the same machine isn't a problem is it?

Wonderpup
11-12-2006, 11:09 AM
There is a problem currently with using the hub in 9 for some users- try working without it- a lot of people report this solved most problems.

Dan_The_Man
11-13-2006, 08:17 AM
Having LightWave 8 on your machine isn't a conflict at all, it uses all separate components than LightWave 9.

You could simply have bad configuration files though, PM me and let me know if you're on a Mac or a PC and I can walk you through that.

It could also be the Hub though as users have had similar issues with it. a -0 parameter disables the Hub, this is what you would put in the Cmd Line files of Modeler and Layout on a Mac. In a PC you would edit the Properties of a shortcut to look like this:

"C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave 3D 9\programs\modeler.exe" -0

Quotes for the path, a space, then a -0 parameter, this can be done for both Modeler and Layout.

Sensei
11-13-2006, 08:47 AM
Open folder "C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]" and search for LWHUB9.CFG and delete, rename or edit this file. It has maany times repeated the same commands. After removing these lines it should work like after fresh install.

arogg2
11-14-2006, 12:15 PM
Thanks all... the "-0" thingy worked for both Modeler and Layout...