PDA

View Full Version : (urgent help needed) From LWS to LWO (but many objects)

tyrot
11-10-2006, 09:49 PM
dear veteran wavers

I prepared an arch viz. I have many houses and many trees in LWS file. But somehow i need to Export those houses or trees (All of them) to modeler for exporting to an engine.

Because there is too many little thiny things is there a way to save all objects with their position into a single LWO file? or something like NULL to Point can do for now..

I hope it is not a stupid request..

Thanks in advance..

BEST

Extent
11-10-2006, 10:34 PM
Well you can do "Save Trans Object" to have it export the object's position into a new object file. It only works on a single file at a time but perhaps you can script it to just run through every object in the scene.

Sekhar
11-10-2006, 10:58 PM
Deep Exploration (from Right Hemisphere) can read the LWS and output to a single LWO. See http://www.righthemisphere.com/products/dexp/index.html - they have a 30 day eval.

tyrot
11-10-2006, 11:00 PM
dear extent

i hope dodgy can come up with such a nice plugin. All LWS objects into one single LWO (or at least all nulls to points)

dear sekhar ..

Thanks mate i will check it out right away..

BEst

Silkrooster
11-10-2006, 11:06 PM
With your scene open in layout, (If needed, use content manager to create a content directory for scene, this will allow all object files to be seperate from any other files on your system) switch to modeler and go to view>layers>object collapse. Tell it to collapes from directory, give a name for the directory, give the new file a name and decide on 1 layer or multiple layers. I beleive this works for 8.5 and up, not sure about 8.3.
Silk

tyrot
11-11-2006, 12:52 AM
dear silkrooster

holy cow!..i didnt know it was there....a great thing..Thanks so much mate..

Best

Celshader
11-11-2006, 12:59 AM
If it helps, here's something I posted a while ago...

From http://www.newtek.com/forums/showpost.php?p=255451&postcount=14

A friend faced this challenge a few months ago...only it was thousands of objects placed in Layout that he wanted to condense into a single model. What you need to do is download a file called LOE_STO_Pack_R1.zip from this section of FI's website (http://f23.aaa.livedoor.jp/%7Efisjunk/plugin/plugin.php?platform=1&code=1&type=Modeler&version=1#f).

The following text is what I emailed to my friend about this LScript:

One plug-in, a Layout plug-in, is "Save Transformed Objects." Select the
objects you want to freeze out in their transformed positions, then run
this plug-in. It will ask you where to output the transformed objects.
Type in a prefix and let 'er rip. It will create a numbered sequence of
objects.

Then, use the Modeler plug-in: "Load Objects into Empties [Empty
Layers]" Tell it where the object sequence starts, and it will load each
numbered object into a new empty layer. After that, you can run
LightWave [8]'s built-in "Object Collapser" in
View->Layers->More->Object Collapser to collapse all of the layers into
a single layer.

As an experiment, I tried running "Object Collapser" on a directory, but
it's not as quick as collapsing layers that are already loaded. I
strongly recommend testing this on your end, though -- your experiences
with "Object Collapser" might prove different from mine.

tyrot
11-11-2006, 01:16 AM
dear celshader

thanks for the link also..That is the problem i have almost every project. This will be a great great help..Thanks alot again

BEST

SplineGod
11-11-2006, 04:32 AM
This one might work as well:
http://interialabs.de/lw/lscript/files/IL_OneClickScene2Obj_101.zip
One Click Scene to Object (GN, MD)

v1.0.1 * 08-OCT-05 * (update!)

- Easily collapse selected objects into a single .lwo file

(saved transformed, collapsed into single layer, reloaded into scene)

MooseDog
11-11-2006, 06:09 AM
or conversely,

Load Objects From Scene for Modeler (http://www.dstorm.co.jp/english/plugin/modeler.htm#LoadObjectsFromScene)

good luck!

tyrot
11-11-2006, 09:35 AM
dear splinegod, moosedog

man..and they ask why you keep lightwaving. Answer is right here in this thread. One urgent problem, and dear wavers bringing wealth of solutions.

I love you guys..thanks a lot. BTW we got the job.

BEST people around!

Celshader
11-11-2006, 01:23 PM
or conversely,

Load Objects From Scene for Modeler (http://www.dstorm.co.jp/english/plugin/modeler.htm#LoadObjectsFromScene)

good luck!

That one's great, since you can load a scene directly into Modeler. However, it maxes out at 30 objects. It will load only the first 30 objects from a scene and ignore the rest. Least, that's been my experience with it.

MooseDog
11-11-2006, 10:00 PM
celshader: thx for the heads-up. did not know that part:foreheads a big help:thumbsup:

tyrot: congrats:boogiedow more work is good work :)

Sekhar
11-12-2006, 10:27 AM
With your scene open in layout, (If needed, use content manager to create a content directory for scene, this will allow all object files to be seperate from any other files on your system) switch to modeler and go to view>layers>object collapse. Tell it to collapes from directory, give a name for the directory, give the new file a name and decide on 1 layer or multiple layers. I beleive this works for 8.5 and up, not sure about 8.3.
Silk
This looks really good, but it's not working for me in 9...or I'm doing something wrong. First, I'm not able to pick a directory for the objects (can only select a file), and if I manually enter a path, it's either picking the stuff in the parent directory or giving me a 2903 error.

Next, even when it works, it's just clumping all objects at their default locations, etc. (ignoring the layout info). I.e., like a merge of the objects, independent of the scene...not really useful.

Any help?

Silkrooster
11-12-2006, 11:45 PM
I just tried this in ver 9 and it is working the same as version 8.5. It may be possible you are running low on ram if you are converting too many objects at once.
In modeler you can also open multiple objects, For example type test* in the filename of the open dialog box, then only those starting with the word test will be displayed in the open dialog box. You can then shift select all those objects and open all of them.
Then the object collapser can collapse all loaded objects. Doing it this way could allow you to do smaller groups like having all trees in one lwo and house(s) in another etc, depending on object detail.
Silk