PDA

View Full Version : realflow particle Data into LW?

shaun_michael
11-10-2006, 01:49 AM
Hi,

Fortunately I dont have a problem importing RFs particles to LW using the bin sequences it produces, but it also produces a number of other files for particle sequences such .asc, .pdc and .pd. These files (such as the .asc) seem to contain an awful lot of information that might be very useful within lightwave for shading perhaps such as velocity for each of the three axes, density, pressure, radius, particle id#. In another format .pd (I'm not sure what that is I'm afraid) you can include vorticity, temperature, mass, pressure, density, viscosity, isolation, age, texture, neighbours, normal, force, velocity and position.

NL say there is freely available SDK for converting these files. Would it be worth trying to do this to bring this sort of data into LW for shading purposes, or into LW converted to .pfx format, or any other format that the particles can read? Can it already be done?

I may well be barking up the wrong tree here, but I know there are some very clever scrpting individuals (that doesn't include me at all) that frequent this forum and I wondered if they had any ideas on how to do it, whether it were possible or even useful to do this for LW.

Sorry if I'm not explaining this very well.

Thanks,

Shaun