PDA

View Full Version : Heavy-Duty VFX Management for Battlestar Galactica

WilliamVaughan
11-09-2006, 09:41 PM
Heavy-Duty VFX Management for Battlestar Galactica
Write up, video and commentary download on how Lightwave 9 & Digital Fusion are used in Battlestar Galactica, by vfx house Atmosphere. The article focus is on the amazing sequence from Season 3 episode Exodus.

http://www.studiodaily.com/main/video/7304.html

metahumanity
11-09-2006, 10:16 PM
Impressive stuff, indeed.:thumbsup:

digital verve
11-10-2006, 06:45 AM
I would really like Newtek or somebody to do an in-depth article on the vfx of Battlestar Galactica. Similar to the studiodaily write-up but much more expanded.

Rather than 1-3 page marketing blurb. An in-depth commentary on the vfx would do more good.

Mylenium
11-10-2006, 10:15 AM
I would really like Newtek or somebody to do an in-depth article on the vfx of Battlestar Galactica. Similar to the studiodaily write-up but much more expanded.

Rather than 1-3 page marketing blurb. An in-depth commentary on the vfx would do more good.

Yes. Would love that along with some nice High-Def video and stills (for us poor souls outside of the US). If possible, it should include a closeup of Starbuck's belllybutton. *lol*

Mylenium

Digital Hermit
11-10-2006, 12:03 PM
Am I less of a 3D guy, if I get a little "choked up" seeing Lightwave utilized in such a fantastic manner? Wow! It brings a happy tear to the eye.

I am little verklempt right now… talk amongst yourselves.

Digital Hermit

KillMe
11-11-2006, 06:56 AM
ahhhhh ahhhhhhhh ahhhhhh WTF **** ti not seen the eps yet =/ living in britain suck - but they rammed the pegasus into a base ship - what were they thinking - pegasus outguns galactica by a **** load should have sacrificed galactica -ahhhhhhhhhh - knew that they wouldn't get to keep the pegasus - they jsut kept it abit longer than they did in the original series is all =/

but great stuff from lightwave though

Intuition
11-12-2006, 01:01 AM
Loved that Episode. That series of shots is testament to how high the quality of Lightwave can be if utilized properly. They did the multiple passes which give you more control at composite time.

Really great work from Vancouver.

So much for the Maya aristocracy eh? :D

Ok, ok...sorry don't start a debate....Really though ..nice work.

Us Eden guys watched that epsode together when it aired and were really happy to see Lightwave shining. :neener:

WilliamVaughan
11-12-2006, 10:33 AM

One is being worked on as we speak for HDRI3D :)

Titus
11-12-2006, 11:23 AM
I can't wait for this season, they usually are 2 or 3 months late.

metahumanity
11-12-2006, 10:21 PM
I can't wait for this season, they usually are 2 or 3 months late.

I gave up on tv a long time ago, to see one 45 minute episode of a series over here one has to endure 25 minutes of ads. In a dark space opera thatīs the ultimate mood killer.

For me now itīs DVDs or downloads all the way. And I think this show is worth every cent!:bowdown: