PDA

View Full Version : Cannot 'Save HV Settings'

Yadatsme
11-09-2006, 08:42 PM
I've created a folder in my content directory called 'HyperVoxels' , select the name of the active item in the list, click 'Save' and provide a name within the dialogue and no file is created.

Doublely frustrating due to the fact the I only need to save the settings as they won't load correctly with a 'Load Items from Scene' approach to scene building.

In one scene I've setup a 'Septre' object with two volume based voxel effects. An energy blast followed by a spining ring of smoke after the blast flys clear of the 'Sepre'.

In the primary scene the sequence renders without fail. When I 'Load Items from Scene' to add the 'Septre' to my charactor, Lightwave 3D reports my surface morph target don't have the same number of points.

donny
11-10-2006, 04:10 PM
What OS and what version of LightWave are you working with? Have you tried just cleaning out your config files?

Yadatsme
11-11-2006, 08:37 AM
Application: LightWave 3D 9.0

Thanks. I hadn't uninstalled 8.5 yet. There was one heck of a pile 'configs' in my user profile folder. I've cleaned things up and my scenes are behaving as they should.

While the initial configuration issue was in fact preventing the creation of an 'HV Settings' file the corrected configuration is not adding a file extension to the file. This initially lead me to believe the problem still existed but clearing the 'Filter' within the 'Save/Load' dialogues allows the file to be 'View/Saved/Loaded'.

What would prevent LightWave 3D from adding a file extension? What is the correct file extension for a 'HV Setting' file? While I'm still faced with this issue I wish to manually add the extension so I may recognize these files in the future.

Is there a master list of all file extensions and correct content folder names available to allow users to be consistent in their work? I've searched the documentation to no avail.

TIA

Yadatsme
11-11-2006, 09:02 AM
Looks like I posted too soon...

Once you have two or more volumetric items in a scene LW9 will not output an 'HV Settings' file.

LW9 is failing a add the a 'file extention' to the file in any case.

Yikes!