PDA

View Full Version : Balde Velho

balogo
11-09-2006, 08:20 AM
a simple old scene...

oDDity
11-09-2006, 09:17 AM
Aside from the soft shadows, this looks like a scene rendered in a 5 year old game engine.
You're really not putting the surfacing and rendering power of lightwave to good use here.
Basically, you're trying to do too much of the work with gaudy photographs pasted onto low poly models, as one would have done in a game engine from 5 years ago.
The image maps don't even complement one another, they're too loud.
The procedurals on the rusty metal and the ground are too obviously procedurals.

blindsided
11-09-2006, 09:37 AM
i've not got the experience of oddity, but i quite like it.
I quite like the rust. After oddity pointed it out though i can see that the floor is a procedural, but i think the crit is a bit harsh.

oDDity
11-09-2006, 10:29 AM
It's not harsh.
However, the grasshopper he made in the other thread is good work, so he's obviously improved quickly.
I think he needs to know this one is bad work, so he won't do it again. That's just as important as knowing that the grasshopper is good work.

balogo
11-09-2006, 01:36 PM
Thanks oDDity for the tips (hints). Very important for the evolution in the program .I know that you is very experienced and is very good for knowing that you this dividing and transmitting its experience acquired for the others . This is very important for all. (sorry but i dont speak english)