PDA

View Full Version : UV texture distortion

mythek1
11-09-2006, 05:33 AM
I've been using the 'nifty' uv map plugins which I've been using in v9 modeler, making use of the edge selection tools. After generating the UV maps, there is some major 'smearing' of the checked image map on parts of the model. When I open this in V8.5 this smearing is not there.

Are there issues surrounding the new subpatch options in v9 which cause these distortions?

SplineGod
11-09-2006, 10:24 AM
which subpatch mode are you using in LW9?

mythek1
11-09-2006, 02:10 PM
which subpatch mode are you using in LW9?
Hi Splinegod

I was working in Catmull-Clark mode as it seems more similar to the old subpatch mode.

I've got to say this is getting well confusing for me at the moment. I knew I was no rocket scientist but I'm beginning to feel like I've got the nouse of the primordial goo.

Basically I've finished modelling a simple character using the old subpatch mode in v8.5. I couldn't get on with the V9 subpatch mode or the Catmull-Clark mode because It doesn't have the phantom points of the V8.5 subpatch mode.

I wanted to use the edge tools in V9 to make selections. So as not to cause problems taking the models back into 8.5 I switch back into polygon mode before saving. When I look at them in v8.5 after switching to subpatch the image map seemed a lot neater.

SplineGod
11-09-2006, 02:13 PM
CC SubDs subdivide differently then the old subpatch mode. Id stick to use standard subpatches.

mythek1
11-09-2006, 02:32 PM
CC SubDs subdivide differently then the old subpatch mode. Id stick to use standard subpatches.
I appreciate the advice.:)