PDA

View Full Version : Hub Removal or Deactivation

Filmdesigner
11-08-2006, 06:23 PM
I was reading a few earlier posts about Hub troubles. An option offered was to remove the hub and commandline files from the Programs folder instead of deactivating the Hub with the -0 switch (which I can never remember where to place).

Any thoughts? Cheers.

toby
11-12-2006, 02:42 AM
I've had my Hub app sitting outside the program folder for years. Some rare occasions I need it or just want to try it with a new build, I can just drag it back in. I suspect I will try it again when we get the UB version, it could be 10 times better!

RonGC
11-12-2006, 01:16 PM
Try running the hub in the Beta, So far it is working pretty sweet for me and others, if you start getting problems then remove it. Report bugs.

The idea behind a Beta program is to test out all the program, that includes the hub.

I think that Chilton would like to get back bug reports on the hub so that they can continue to improve it. Just moving over to UB will not make the hub work better LOL

Ron

Scazzino
11-12-2006, 03:01 PM
I was reading a few earlier posts about Hub troubles. An option offered was to remove the hub and commandline files from the Programs folder instead of deactivating the Hub with the -0 switch (which I can never remember where to place).

Any thoughts? Cheers.

Here's how to use the "-0" switch on the Mac...
General cmdLine syntax (http://dreamlight.com/insights/10/cmdline_files.html#cmdLineContents)

from: Mastering LightWave’s Mac OS X cmdLine Files (http://dreamlight.com/insights/10/cmdline_files.html)

:thumbsup:

toby
11-12-2006, 11:24 PM
Try running the hub in the Beta, So far it is working pretty sweet for me and others, if you start getting problems then remove it. Report bugs.

The idea behind a Beta program is to test out all the program, that includes the hub.

I think that Chilton would like to get back bug reports on the hub so that they can continue to improve it. Just moving over to UB will not make the hub work better LOL

Fortunately they're not 'just' moving over to UB. Newtek, under Chilton's skull and crossbones, is taking advantage of OSX in a way they never had before, writing 'for' OSX instead of merely porting.