PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Lightwave 9

Bastien
11-08-2006, 01:26 PM
I'm really new to 3D modeling and for now I'm working off this tutorial (http://www.newtek.com/products/lightwave/tutorials/modeling/car/index.html)

In one of the steps of the tutorial it asks me to assign material to the under portion of the car... when I tryed some of the polys/faces stay the default color. So I thought maybe just maybe there is for some reason more then one layer of polys/faces... so I deleted the poly/faces that had not changed color, to find out that I had more layers then needed (maybe I'm wrong :P). I thought at first it was because of Construct/Convert/Freeze tool... So I loaded an earlier version of the same model (Before I used the freeze tool) and for the time being it work just as it should. Untill Lightwave crashed and when I loaded the same model that worked for me not ten minutes ago I was back to having more then one layer of polys (Anywhere from 2 to 4 layers) So my question is in two parts. 1. Should there be more then one layer of polys/faces? And if not how do I avoid this problem in the future? 2. If there needs to be more then one layer of polys/faces how do I get the same color on all of them?