PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to say...

kopperdrake
11-08-2006, 05:49 AM
...I know I ranted slightly on the hub issue but I'm perservering without the hub and there are some really nice little touches in LW9. I keep coming across workflow time-savers that are a delight :) Just now I found the dropdown for recently accessed content directories - little things like that are great :) I'm sure there'll be loads more but as this is my first live project in LW9 I've still a lot to learn ;)

serge
11-08-2006, 05:59 AM
They threatened you, didn't they?

BeeVee
11-08-2006, 05:59 AM
Hey have you tried loading a scene that's *outside* your current content directory? LightWave v9 (you don't even need this 9.2 OB) asks you if you'd like to change Content Directory to suit the scene. Gone is my need to hit Alt F12 constantly!

B

Kurtis
11-08-2006, 07:24 AM
They threatened you, didn't they?

Not that you can prove. :devil:

Seriously though, thank you. I'm sure the members of the development and marketing teams will appreciate your comments.

kopperdrake
11-08-2006, 08:25 AM
Serge: No threats needed here. Besides - bribes are so much more civil and I'm completely open to bribery ;)

Ben: I would never even have thought to do that! Darn them for thinking of my needs before I do :devil:

Kurtis: please do pass them on - I rely on your software for my living and I'm honestly always greatful.

Scazzino
11-08-2006, 08:45 AM
Hey have you tried loading a scene that's *outside* your current content directory? LightWave v9 (you don't even need this 9.2 OB) asks you if you'd like to change Content Directory to suit the scene. Gone is my need to hit Alt F12 constantly!

B

Yes! That was a rather simple change, but it's EXTREMELY welcome! I hated constantly changing the content directory all the time... Now that feature needs to be added to modeler too, since I often run with the hub off... ;)

Ztreem
11-08-2006, 11:37 AM
I Agree it's a great little workflow enhancement.

Nigel Baker
11-08-2006, 05:14 PM
So Kopperdrake,

After they threatened you, it sounds like you also got a bribe.

:screwy: :agree:

:2guns: :newhere:

:neener:
:hijack:

Regards, Nigel.

kopperdrake
11-09-2006, 02:25 AM
Shh...I'm going along with it until all the little fluffy kittens are safe...

kopperdrake
11-09-2006, 05:17 AM
Quick update, not sure what 've done but Layout and Modeler are talking happily when I started the PC up today. Maybe my messing with Windows Firewall's settings (even though it's turned off I gave Layout and Modeler access permissions, you never know with MS stuff). Maybe my reinstalling my video drivers. Maybe my rebooting my router? Here's a thought, does hub need an IP of its own? I have some reserved IP addresses on my network for the PCs and a limited amount for extras - maybe my network was full? Fingers crossed but it's great to have hub back again - trying to model something in relation to a background plate so invaluable to have realtime updates in Layout :thumbsup: :newtek:

Nigel Baker
11-09-2006, 06:35 AM
Or was it the greasing of the wheels or the palm ???

Glad to hear its all working smoothly.

Regards.

GandB
11-09-2006, 06:54 AM
There's nothing wrong with a little bribe now and then.:D

dablan
11-13-2006, 12:55 PM
Yeah, and did you know that you can access ALL of your system fonts from within the numeric window in Modeler? No more loading fonts first before creating 3D text.

kopperdrake
11-13-2006, 02:37 PM
Yeah, and did you know that you can access ALL of your system fonts from within the numeric window in Modeler?

<swoon>

These are daft little things that you never knew you needed until you get them, then they make your life so much more comfortable...

...a bit like kittens really.

dablan
11-13-2006, 02:42 PM
Kittens? Kittens?
Surely, you mean Puppies.

Nigel Baker
11-13-2006, 02:48 PM
Oh my GOD, this thread has lost it's focus.

All puppies and kittens found in this thread please report to the lost cuddly committee please ;-)

Regards

kopperdrake
11-13-2006, 04:15 PM
Hehe :) Any small furry mammal would do really, except for gerbils. I've never understood the whole gerbil thing.

Nigel Baker
11-13-2006, 04:26 PM
Whats a GIRLbill ?

? ? ?

monovich
11-13-2006, 07:12 PM
that content directory thing is one of my favorite features of 9. I'm cheap.

colkai
11-14-2006, 03:05 AM
Kittens? Kittens?
Surely, you mean Puppies.
I'm sure it must be a typo Dan, everyone knows how cute puppies are. As for Wolf puppies, don't even go there, maxiumum cuteness.

Hehe :) Any small furry mammal would do really, except for gerbils. I've never understood the whole gerbil thing.
Hehe, they make good Hawk dinner though. ;)

However, in the interest of NOT offending the cat lovers out there...Here's a 'serious' kitten (cub). :)

kopperdrake
11-14-2006, 03:46 AM
Whats a GIRLbill ??

<in best Leslie Nielsen voice> "Another name for a broad Nigel, and don't call me Bill"

<sound of coat being put on, door shuts quietly>