PDA

View Full Version : Problem with seams on X axis!

LightwaveGranny
06-13-2003, 03:54 AM
Hello all

I am having an infuriating problem with the seems on my character models when I mirror them on the X axis.

I am not a complete idiot, so I say yes I have set valued the points to the X axis so they should join up.

And yes I have used mirror perfectly on the X axis and merged the points afterwards.

This problem is ridiculous as I have found after testing on a different object file that this does not occur.

This leads me to believe that it could have something to do with the specific .lwo object file.

I have also ruled out the possibility that it could just "look" like there is a seam due to modeller's open gl display. I know this not true because there are two points at the seam in the trouble spots in the same 3d space.

I know I can weld these "double trouble" points together manually, but that sucks and it shouldn't happen that way.

Any help would be much appreciated.

- Lightwave Granny, Thankyou :confused:

Capt Lightwave
06-13-2003, 05:15 AM
Have you tried merging with a fixed value?

TerryFord
06-13-2003, 05:27 AM
Got an enomorph that moves the central points?

Regards,
Terry

JulianW
06-13-2003, 01:12 PM
Hi,

try selecting both points, now hit 'i' to bring the point info requester, you can then check the exact X, Y and Z position, and whether there are any morph targets that differ.

My first guess would be that the two points are just off of centre in the X axis, so won't merge. When flipping half an object I tend to select all the points on the boundary then hit CTRL-v and set the X value to 0. Doing that prevents the problem occuring in most cases.

JW.

LightwaveGranny
07-02-2003, 04:49 AM
Thanks for all your help, but for now I have managed to find an older version of the model and have used that in the mean time.

Your answers all seemed to make some sense but for now I don't have the need for the fix. I'm sure this issue will come up again, so when that time comes i'll be sure to try the solutions you have all offered.

Thankyou, I will remain in your debt best regards -LW Granny ;)