PDA

View Full Version : a very simple request

Joebob
06-13-2003, 01:13 AM
I would really like Lightwave to have its own color picker. The Windows color picker is terrible. It would be very simple, and make surfacing, lighting, etc more fun overall.

Mylenium
06-13-2003, 03:11 AM
LW_ClrPicker, Picky - aren't those two enough? Personally I'd go for Picky, but depending on the type of project you could be better of with the first.

Mylenium

Earl
06-13-2003, 11:24 AM
Personally, I'd prefer to have a Hue based color picker, rather than the Lightness based one they give us... (see pic)

Elmar Moelzer
06-13-2003, 02:34 PM
Personally I prefer Lws colorpicker over any others. I dont really like picky, despite the neat "pick color from everyhwere"- feature.
I think a hue- based field would eb easy to do (but they should add another tab for that).
CU
Elmar

Earl
09-09-2003, 12:33 PM
Elmar,

Agreed, a tab for Hue Based and a tab for Brightness Based would be ideal. Also, some sliders would be helpful. I know there are the buttons that allow you to drag, but those just don't seem to drag well (the numbers seem to jump uncontrollably). Then again, I use a tablet, so that might be the issue. Either way, sliders are preferable. That way all of them are visable at a time!

Earl
09-09-2003, 12:34 PM
The Load and Save buttons are for saving your palette out to a file, enabling users to share color palettes when collaborating on a project.

Mylenium
09-09-2003, 01:47 PM
Good ideas so far. I especially like the extended color storage areas (except for Picky, all alternatives fall short on this so it's difficult to maintain a harmonious palette easily). Another good addition would be a scratchboard or 4 corner color mixer like in Maya.

Mylenium