PDA

View Full Version : I need a plugin for a better drill function (more inside)

blinblue
06-12-2003, 08:52 PM
I was fiddling around with the drill tool and I noticed one big problem with it, if you back ground layer (the "cookie cutter" layer) has a point in the same location as the foreground layer it will give an error. And I have a object where I need to keep it where it is and still drill. Is there any plugin (or other means of getting the job done) for a drill that ignores points with the some location. I searched around a bit but I didn't find anything.
So anyway, thanks a lot, and if you have any thoughts about how to fix it without a plugin (and still have all the different points drilled) please post it. So thanks again

Mylenium
06-13-2003, 12:07 AM
Actually in this LW (once more) behaves mathematically correct. You could always try to offset your points slightly, do the drill and then merge/ weld points. It is also a good idea to use BG_Conform for certain tasks.

Mylenium

lone
06-13-2003, 04:56 PM
i use STENCIL alot. it will (99% of the time) work with points dead on top of other points, altho using it in place of DRILL requires you to manually create polygons yourself. i like to do really precise modelling, and having that extra point you get from offsetting gets on my nerves.