PDA

View Full Version : 9.2 Open Beata License Key Regestration Wizard?

Asolik
11-06-2006, 02:58 PM
Where am I supposed to put my registration key after I've register, I've looked everywhere, and can't get out of discovery mode. Thanks.

jasond
11-06-2006, 03:04 PM
and name the file license.key, save it in the programs folder.

(that's if you're on windows.)

Kurtis
11-06-2006, 03:32 PM
Some early downloaders got an email without the complete set of instructions. New instructions are in the open beta forums and new emails will be going out to everyone shortly.

There is no registration utility in the ZIP files. You need to edit your license.key file manually.

The Open Beta forums are now open. Please try this link while you are logged-in to the forums.
http://www.newtek.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=185
If you cannot reach this link yet, people are being added as fast as possible. If you are not able to reach the link within 2 business days and do not receive an email asking for updated information, please contact Customer Service for assistance.

Red_Oddity
11-07-2006, 03:42 AM
Well, i can't get to the forums, so i'll just ask here...why does Layout accept the key in my license.key file and Modeler doesn't?

zapper1998
11-07-2006, 04:25 AM
Some early downloaders got an email without the complete set of instructions. New instructions are in the open beta forums and new emails will be going out to everyone shortly.

There is no registration utility in the ZIP files. You need to edit your license.key file manually.

The Open Beta forums are now open. Please try this link while you are logged-in to the forums.
http://www.newtek.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=185
If you cannot reach this link yet, people are being added as fast as possible. If you are not able to reach the link within 2 business days and do not receive an email asking for updated information, please contact Customer Service for assistance.

You guys should have set up the forum a few weeks ago,
But I can wait. Patience is a virtue..

Thank you
Will try in a few days
have it all running 32 and 64 V.2
And it Smokes YAAAAA baby
Michael

JasonArcher
01-05-2007, 06:43 PM
Ah, the lovely "license key not found" error... Anyone have any ideas how to fix it or when it will be fixed? ..... Very difficult to try out 9.2 if I can't get out of discovery mode.

John the Geek
01-05-2007, 07:35 PM
Ah, the lovely "license key not found" error... Anyone have any ideas how to fix it or when it will be fixed? ..... Very difficult to try out 9.2 if I can't get out of discovery mode.

A.) Make sure there are no extra spaces or returns after the code in the file.

B.) Make sure there are no extra extensions hidden, like .txt.rtf. If you are on a Mac press Apple and i to get info and then check the Name & Extension area to make sure you aren't hiding file extensions. In Windows, go to the Tools menu in Explorer and choose Folder Options. In the View tab uncheck Hide extensions for known file types. That will make sure you aren't accidentally using a bad file name.

C.) Place the file in your LightWave Programs folder, found inside the OpenBeta folder you downloaded and unzipped.

don_culbertson
01-05-2007, 07:47 PM
You may need to update the dongle drivers. Take a look in the Open Beta section "LW v9.2 Techniques, Tips and Discoveries" and look for this thread "License not found with beta7" for more info.

Don

JasonArcher
01-05-2007, 09:22 PM
Gave all of the above a try -- still not working.. :/

don_culbertson
01-05-2007, 11:29 PM
Jason,

I wondered if, in layout, and you check help>enter license does your correct dongle ID number show up?

Did you get the new driver (version 7.3.2) here?

http://www.safenet-inc.com/support/tech/sentinel.asp

Don

Steph
01-06-2007, 03:41 AM
Hi Jason and everybody.

I have the same problem and I realise that it was a conflict between the Mirage dongle and the Lightwave dongle. So, try to launch Ligthwave without other dongle. Althought I have seen where the problem is, I have no solutions without connecting/disconnecting the Mirage dongle (My drivers dongle are update).

Excuse my bad english, hope it could help.